Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How good is mike l. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302981)

Riverman 07-29-2005 12:50 AM

How good is mike l.

I have never met mike l. When he first started posting I thought many of his plays sucked, but when he began posting 100-200 hands I assumed that his style was effective. Now I cant decide if hes smart for putting his bankroll away or just a huge LAG who gets killed in high limit games.

This post is not so much about mike as it is about the correct style in shorthanded limit holdem. It seems to be assumed here that hyperaggressive is the way to go, but im not so sure.

comments?

astroglide 07-29-2005 12:54 AM

Re: How good is mike l.

whatever he says in response to this, don't believe him!

Justin A 07-29-2005 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that guy in your avatar doing the astroglide?

Klepton 07-29-2005 12:57 AM

mike l., after seeing you play one hand, could know so much about your history that he would give you a cupcake to make you feel better for scraping your elbow at the age of 14 in that sprinkler accident.

Entity 07-29-2005 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mike l., after seeing you play one hand, could know so much about your history that he would give you a cupcake to make you feel better for scraping your elbow at the age of 14 in that sprinkler accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he'd proceed to bluff your ass on the river with T8o.

andyfox 07-29-2005 12:51 PM

To paraphrase Mae West, when he's good, he's good; when he's bad, he's great.

TheWorstPlayer 07-29-2005 01:01 PM

www.astroglide.com

sfer 07-29-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that guy in your avatar doing the astroglide?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think doing the Astroglide is [censored] with a lubricating aid.

anatta 07-29-2005 03:25 PM

Last Saturday, mike made a great read on a hand I played. I three bet with QQ preflop. It was 4 way. The flop came K43r. It was checked to me, I bet, the SB check-raised and an MP called.

On the turn it went bet, call, and I folded. At showdown the SB turned over 44 for a flopped set. Mike said "I knew he had pocket fours!". I am in the 9 seat and he is in 1, so I lean back around the dealer and ask him how he put him on a flopped set.

Mike, totally wrong in the action, said, when SB bet out on the flop, and called my flop raise, and then led the turn, when MP raised, and, after I folded, then he three-bet, well by then he just knew it!

He reminds me of Carl from Slingblade. Retard? Superman? Retarded Superman?

Don't lose sight of the fact that Mike truly is a student of the game. He has been playing and studying limit longer than most here, yet he is still young and very sharp. He may LAG it sometimes, but all those live hands (no pun intended) he's played, he knows what he is doing.

Sooga 07-29-2005 06:03 PM

I've only sweated mike l. I think once, but the way he played that one time really made an impression of me. Every time I think of mike now I think of what MacGyver would be like at a poker table, starting off with any random assortment of junk pieces, and through some creativity and guts, making a functional hand out of it.