Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   My friend is a hockey NUT (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302362)

plaster8 07-28-2005 06:21 AM

My friend is a hockey NUT

But I didn't realize it was THIS intense. He sent a group of our buddies this e-mail today:

I've completed my annual analysis of the upcoming NHL Saturday night schedule. Among the 25 Saturdays during the upcoming season, 12 stand out and three really shine.

All Saturdays were rated based on the prevalence of a series of positive factors.

— Original six matchups
— Toronto/Montreal matchups, particularly if at Montreal
— Edmonton home games, particularly if against Vancouver or Calgary
— Afternoon games featuring matchups between traditonal hockey markets, particularly if Boston is involved, providing opportunities for games in as many as four consecutive three-hour time slots.
— The inclusion of a 7:30 p.m. Kings game vs. a traditional hockey market, allowing one final period of hockey following the conclusion of the late CBC game.

And so on ...

I really like hockey, but I can't imagine being this into ANY sport.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 07-28-2005 11:50 AM

Re: My friend is a hockey NUT

Ha ha, no kidding, that's a bit obsessive. Espcially since it's tough to tell how good most of the teams will be, with so many free agents out there.

Patrick del Poker Grande 07-28-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ha ha, no kidding, that's a bit obsessive. Espcially since it's tough to tell how good most of the teams will be, with so many free agents out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like he's not judging it based on how good the teams are, but rather that he's a Canadian and he wants to see the Canadian teams and the Original 6 teams play each other.

Jack of Arcades 07-28-2005 11:54 AM

I'm pumped for the return of hockey season. Not that I'm a big fan, mind you, but it's always good to have more actual sports content on ESPN.

Wes ManTooth 07-28-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pumped for the return of hockey season. Not that I'm a big fan, mind you, but it's always good to have more actual sports content on ESPN.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the constent "what did Larry Brown do today" headlines on Sportscenter every day not entertaining enough. His he going to coach the Knicks? will he retire? what is the latest rumor? does he use Charmans extra soft? for the last two months has been too much.

nolanfan34 07-28-2005 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Plus, I'm looking forward to playing fantasy hockey again. It's the best draft, because after about 4 rounds, no one remaining is anyone we've ever heard of. Makes it a challenge. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RacersEdge 07-28-2005 01:17 PM

I'm considering finding out how many players are on a hockey team this year myself.

plaster8 07-28-2005 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like he's not judging it based on how good the teams are, but rather that he's a Canadian and he wants to see the Canadian teams and the Original 6 teams play each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not a Canadian. He is a purist, though, and a big Bruins fan.

imported_The Vibesman 07-28-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He's not a Canadian. He is a purist, though, and a big Bruins fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like me, except I haven't sent anyone an email like this...