Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   99/HU/OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301448)

Boolean 07-27-2005 01:18 AM

99/HU/OOP

After about 125 hands, Villain is a LAP with 51.20/16.80 stats. Reads, sadly, none. I didn't take down any notes on him due to multitabling. Honestly, I need to be flamed for this as I'm mad about it myself. I think because I was multitabling, I was just taking notes on some strange betting patterns on fish. Those that were pretty predictable, I just neglected I guess. In any case, from my memory, he was fairly predictable. Not too passive, not to aggressive post-flop.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

I bet, intending to fold a raise.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

No flush, no raise. Hmm. Bet!

River: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Oh great, a counterfeited 2p. I bet, maybe he'll fold a higher pocket pair or call a smaller one.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

@bsolute_luck 07-27-2005 05:55 AM

Re: 99/HU/OOP

why did you bet out on that flop?

Village Idiot 07-27-2005 06:41 AM

Trying to represent a made small flush where he is afraid of a 4th heart hitting on the turn or river ?
It may even scxare Villain off if he doesn't hold a heart even if Villain thinks Hero only has a single heart.

BatsShadow 07-27-2005 07:05 AM

Well, especially since you put the villain as passive post-flop, I think you got called down by an Ax who was chicken.

That really isn't a good flop for your hand though and you probably should've given up on it right then.

@bsolute_luck 07-27-2005 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to represent a made small flush where he is afraid of a 4th heart hitting on the turn or river ?
It may even scxare Villain off if he doesn't hold a heart even if Villain thinks Hero only has a single heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

not HU it won't. the only time this works (typically) is if the villain doesn't have a pair on the board or the 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] actually does fall. and a made flush would either c/r or wait 'til a more expensive street to raise or donkbet.

you're OOP for the duration of the hand, if he doesn't have a pair, you're only folding hands you want to continue to bluff at you, so check/call is the best strategy. donkbetting into a preflop raiser on this board says "i'm bluffing and want you to fold even though you shouldn't"

kapw7 07-27-2005 08:01 AM

I would definitley raise PF to be more sure BB doesn't follow and mainly for value since villain plays a lot of hands preflop.

I cannot imagine post flop that there are a lot of hands that you beat. I prefer to check the flop but betting is not bad since a passive player will not raise you unless he has a strong hand and then you can just fold. I like that you keep on betting on later streets. When you are OOP doesn't mean that you have to play weak especially against a passive player.

Your play would be better if you had better reads than PT stats. You don't need to multitable at .25/.50. You can quickly build a BR by BW. Never done it but there are a lot of posts (like GregJ's) that show you how to do it.

Boolean 07-27-2005 05:05 PM

I was sleeping, so sorry for not responding and bumping a semi-dead thread. Against a really passive opponent, what should my line be here? Check/call check/call, check/fold UI, raising any hearts that fall? It's a good point that there are very few hands I'm beating here. Betting outright isn't for value, and I can't win the pot with it against this passive opponent.

aces_dad 07-27-2005 05:10 PM

I don't get what your river statement means. How does the K counterfeit your single pair?

I also think against such a loose player if you raise PF, betting out on this flop has a better chance of taking down the pot immediately.

Boolean 07-27-2005 05:15 PM

Hm, I could've sworn I saw another ace on the flop. Must've been seeing double. Heh. So is a 3-bet here preflop pretty standard then?

aces_dad 07-27-2005 05:20 PM

When shorthanded against a guy with VPIP 50+ PFR20+, it is. I don't recall the exact original numbers but they seemed close to that. Get the BB out and you're most likely ahead of the original better anyway.