Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   preflop + flop nutso? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301202)

DcifrThs 07-26-2005 08:06 PM

preflop + flop nutso?

19/10/1.52 opens EMP, 2 people cold call looser stats, 24/13/2 or so sb folds i call w/ 6h3h getting 7.5:1 and i probably own my side of the deck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

flop is lovely Jh6d4h i check planning to c'r the EMPer. he bets raise, reraise back to me for 3. i hate calling 3 cold so i cap. if called in more than 1 spot i plan on checking my draw.

folds to 3bettor who calls.

like, dislike? spewing?

-Barron

EDIT: board. pair+flushdraw.

J_V 07-26-2005 08:12 PM

Re: preflop + flop nutso?

Typo somewhere. I assume you have a pair+flushdraw but it reads like two pair.

Brom 07-26-2005 08:15 PM

I like the cap because 3 cold out of the blinds just screams draw to me. If you cap it, you can get them to slow down even if they improve, and they probably won't try anything tricky when a scare card comes off.

BTW you put the 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in there twice, which one was real? If your hand was 63o then I'm not a fan of the preflop call.

OK I just read you corrections with the 4. I still advocate the same play.

DpR 07-26-2005 09:16 PM

Seems reasonable at first. But in the end I don't like it given the chance you are drawing almost dead. Getting only one caller obviously is nice, thus you are either drawing clean to your flush draw (minus redraws), or you are ahead of big hearts that have 13 outs.

If you get called in 2 places you may be in a world or hurt.

I'll give the play a c+

Ray Zee 07-27-2005 12:23 AM

does anyone ever consider folding in these spots.

ggbman 07-27-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do, then maybe i should. However, even if we're up against a set we're getting odds here, and i would say maybe 20-25% of the time we have some clean 2 pair/trips outs here. Yes?

Senor Choppy 07-27-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but not in a hand like this. Too much money in the pot combined with not enough evidence that your flush outs aren't good.

catlover 07-27-2005 04:03 AM

Ray is referring to the danger that you are up against a bigger flush draw.

How often does this need to be the case to justify a fold here?

And how likely is it?

MarkL444 07-27-2005 04:55 AM

im a bit lost in this hand...probably over my head.

[ QUOTE ]
Ray is referring to the danger that you are up against a bigger flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

and/or a set. man you could be in a lot of trouble here.

doesnt your cap only fold people out who you would beat with your flush? i guess the pot is big and you want to knock ppl out...and want your two pair to be good enough if you make that, so getting HU would be nice. is that the logic?

oreogod 07-27-2005 05:36 AM

Wow. Dunno. A set would have a 10 out redraw if u hit the turn, it is also possible u could be up against a higher flush. Thats really the only two things I see u being up against here.

I might actually fold. I say this now, but in the middle of the hand I might be taking your line. As far as the cap, it would feel really awkward to just call three cold.