Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is ONE new hour per week all we get from ESPN? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301070)

detroitplayer 07-26-2005 04:54 PM

Is ONE new hour per week all we get from ESPN?

I thought they were doing 2 new hours per week. My listings show repeats at 7 and 8, and 1 new episode at 9.

And a re-run of Tilt at 10.

Great.

Hold'me 07-26-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Is ONE new hour per week all we get from ESPN?

WSOP Broadcast Schedule
The remaining circuit event episodes will only be an hour long. After that ESPN will be airing two new WSOP episodes a night.

Dynasty 07-26-2005 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The remaining circuit event episodes will only be an hour long. After that ESPN will be airing two new WSOP episodes a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

One hour 9-player table episodes won't be popular here.

JimHammer 07-26-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One hour 9-player table episodes won't be popular here.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and will lead to a ton of threads such as - "Why did this player make such a donkey play with this hand?"

10 hours of poker distilled down to 10 or 15 televised hands. Can't really get a feel for how the game was played.

Smoothcall 07-26-2005 05:30 PM

I can't wait to see who makes my donkey play of the week. I will post details later.

tpir90036 07-26-2005 05:39 PM

Maybe they didn't have enough content due to stack sizes to stretch it to two hours.

P.S. The episode this week is totally awful. I think there were 3 flops that were actually played. Everything else is all-in and call style. (The epsiode is available on-line from ESPN, the link is in this thread)

Hold'me 07-26-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they didn't have enough content due to stack sizes to stretch it to two hours.

P.S. The episode this week is totally awful. I think there were 3 flops that were actually played. Everything else is all-in and call style. (The epsiode is available on-line from ESPN, the link is in this thread)

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys act surprised. Every 2004 WSOP episode was basically all-in hands or major clashes. It's tv poker not real poker.

Smoothcall 07-26-2005 05:43 PM

Whose at the final table this week?

TheTimeIsUp 07-26-2005 05:50 PM

I hear GambleAB is there.

TheCroShow 07-26-2005 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and will lead to a ton of threads such as - "Why did this player make such a donkey play with this hand?"

10 hours of poker distilled down to 10 or 15 televised hands. Can't really get a feel for how the game was played.

[/ QUOTE ]