Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I call, call, call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299266)

Catt 07-24-2005 03:52 AM

I call, call, call

Villain is unknown. It's his seventh or so hand at the table; no datamined stats; nothing noticed about his play in the first orbit.

In reviewing this hand I can imagine many different ways of playing this hand, from pre-flop through to the river. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6 BB

etizzle 07-24-2005 03:54 AM

Re: I call, call, call

perfect poker is to raise the river and fold to a 3 bet.

but i would raise and call it.

yanicehand 07-24-2005 03:56 AM

My standard line here is to reraise the flop, bet if checked to on the turn. If c/r'd, I fold the turn. I really dont like your call down from the start, you have no idea where you are in the hand. People bet that sort of flop in blind battles with just about anything.

Catt 07-24-2005 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. That's kinda what I thought when reviewing the hand, and I came very close to raising the river in the hand -- I decided to call because I couldn't fold to a three-bet and that swayed me to accepting one bet on the river and showing down rather than folding (or putting in three on the river).

Catt 07-24-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My standard line here is to reraise the flop, bet if checked to on the turn. If c/r'd, I fold the turn. I really dont like your call down from the start, you have no idea where you are in the hand. People bet that sort of flop in blind battles with just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

In thinking about the hand after I played it, I'm not real thrilled with getting aggressive early. It seems you really risk folding someone who would otherwise donate a bet each street, putting in more bets when drawing relatively thin, or folding the best hand to some sort of move by Villain (like a turn C/R). What sort of hand would Villain call down when faced with action back? Perhaps a solid PP better than a 9? But then we need to take into account that he open-completed in the SB.

I'm not convinced by what I just wrote, by the way -- just throwing out some counter thoughts since I'm really not sure what makes most sense readless.

Stack 07-24-2005 04:29 AM

I like the calling down here because if he is the type who will bet A high all the way, he is probably the type who openraises in the sb.

WA/WB. One bet on each street will do...until someone convinces my I'm wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

wheelz 07-24-2005 04:35 AM

If an unknown is fastplaying flopped trips HU in a blind war, good for him, he'll get 3 BB out of me on the river

aK13 07-24-2005 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I agree folding for 3 is good.

thesharpie 07-24-2005 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If an unknown is fastplaying flopped trips and open limping Kx from the SB HU in a blind war, good for him, he'll get 3 BB out of me on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Improved your post.

Edit: !!!!one11!one

baronzeus 07-24-2005 05:21 AM

I think not raising this river is losing you at least some portion of a bet.