Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can you find a bet on any street here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299134)

TimM 07-23-2005 10:23 PM

Can you find a bet on any street here?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (4.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

soweak. 07-23-2005 10:26 PM

Re: Can you find a bet on any street here?

I think every street is bettable. I think the check on the turn pretty much lets you know you have the best hand

Redd 07-23-2005 10:32 PM

I'd probably bet-fold the turn and hope he capped AQs. I can't think of a hand that's worth capping but not worth continuation-betting.

cmwck 07-23-2005 10:33 PM

I think you can bet the turn. Not many players will check a hand that can beat you twice. Really strange that he never bet though. What'd he have, AQ?

TimM 07-23-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of a hand that's worth capping but not worth continuation-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor could I.

TimM 07-24-2005 01:05 AM

Actually, I figured there are almost no hands I could beat here. He was not a maniac, and pre-flop caps, especially out of position, by non-maniacs in this game usually mean exactly what they are supposed to mean. And if he were aggressive enough to cap a hand I can still beat after that flop, why is he not trying to take the pot down? He either has a huge hand, or a hand he is afraid to bet but still beats me (like QQ), but will probably call down. Turned out he had KK.

istewart 07-24-2005 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turned out he had KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

07-24-2005 11:23 AM

Sounds like he may be used to playing no limit or something.

I would have bet on the flop, and folded to a raise. If he just called the raise, I would have check/folded from there.

soweak. 07-24-2005 11:39 AM

Your read of him as a solid player was not a part of your original post. assuming "Average skill" means that there are a few hands you can beat (AQ, AJ being the most predominant).

For the record, that was the most butchered KK hand I've seen in awhile.

TimM 07-24-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your read of him as a solid player was not a part of your original post. assuming "Average skill" means that there are a few hands you can beat (AQ, AJ being the most predominant).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is a specific type of "average skill" player who you can say this about. If he is solid or passive, he will shut down with those hands when he gets 3-bet. If he is aggressive enough to cap those, he is going to lead the flop no matter what falls. His preflop cap and flop check were inconsistent and suspicious.

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, that was the most butchered KK hand I've seen in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.