Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Empire Royal Flush Club (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298413)

craniac24 07-22-2005 04:22 PM

Empire Royal Flush Club

2 questions:

Has anyone here ever gotten Empire to upgrade them from VIP to Royal Flush Club status before having actually earned the 15,000 points? I've been having an issue with Empire (long story) so as a "solution" I asked if they perhaps could upgrade me to RF status. I already have about 13,000 points and it would only take another 2 months to get there myself. Unfortunately, they turned down my request.

Also...for anyone who has gotten to 25k points and received either the TV or the LCD...what kind did you get? Was it anything worthwhile? Or just something that you could probably pick up for $150 at Best Buy.

TIA

Joe

Matty 07-22-2005 04:24 PM

Re: Empire Royal Flush Club

1) I've never heard of someone being bumped early.

2) I dunno, still waiting for that damn watch to come in the mail.

craniac24 07-22-2005 04:26 PM

Ok...then perhaps another way of posing the question:

Has anyone ever gotten empire to grant them extra VIP points for any reason (or no reason)?

illunious 07-22-2005 06:05 PM

In the early days of VIP points they bumped a bunch of people (including me) to 5k (I think it was 5k) points, for no apparent reason.

craniac24 07-23-2005 01:40 PM

bump!!

Miscreant 07-23-2005 02:22 PM

Never heard of any bumps over the 5K mark. The 2K points you need can be gotten in a single day by playing every $10 to $50 multi they offer from midnight to midnight, the best way is to play the ones from 12:30 through 2:00 AM (you'll be up until 4:00 or so unless you bust out quick), go to bed, wake up before 10:00, play the rest of the day. Or throw in some $100's and you can skip some others to sleep longer.

My TV is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, I'll let you know the make and model when it gets here.

Abagadro 07-23-2005 02:26 PM

One thing I recently learned about how they calculate the MTT points after not having them seem to match up with my records is that when they calculate the number of tournaments you "play" in a "day" they do it based upon when the tournament ENDED, not when you bought in. Since I was playing the ones from 5-11 p.m. I ended up having them split between the days when I thought I had "played" them all in the same day.

Shoe 07-23-2005 03:21 PM

Is it the time the actual tournament ends, or the time you bust out?

SoftcoreRevolt 07-23-2005 03:26 PM

It has been said that the watch is quite nice, and that the TV is dependant on the price Empire can get in your area but was seemingly a pretty good one. I remember hearing complaints the LCD screen isn't a great one for multitabling though.

TylerD 07-23-2005 03:28 PM

i was bumped to VIP a few days ago, no idea about Royal Flush though.