Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last one....induce a bluff? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297243)

PokerBob 07-21-2005 01:03 AM

Last one....induce a bluff?

I open in the Hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Button ( I have no read) 3-bets, blinds scram, I call.

Flop (HU): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I call.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, he checks

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I....

worm33 07-21-2005 01:06 AM

Re: Last one....induce a bluff?

genearly in that game there isnt much bluff inducing. And this definitly definitly is not the spot. The chances of him having 10's-k's and calling a river bet is about 95% more likely then him having kq or kj high and bluffing. In fact if he bets id say its 90% he thinks hes value betting and u have to checkraise.

Entity 07-21-2005 02:00 AM

If I'm checking it's with the intention of checkraising.

Fillamoore 07-21-2005 02:20 AM

i like betting here. Its almost as if he's trying to get you to bluff. It feels like he has a mid to high pair, bets the flop and decides he'll take a showdown for just 1 more big bet instead of opening himself up to the possibility of being checkraised. I bet here because i see him checking behind with JJ too often.

SpaceAce 07-21-2005 05:06 AM

This looks like a pretty lousy place to induce a bluff to me. He's already shown that he's probably not in love with his hand by checking the turn. Also, he hasn't been given a particularly great opportunity to bluff; that five is not very scary all things considered.

I'd just bet because I think he pays you off with worse hands way more often then he bluffs.

SpaceAce

rigoletto 07-21-2005 05:59 AM

Where you not looking to flop an A? c/r the flop and bet it all the way!

PokerBob 07-21-2005 08:26 AM

results

[ QUOTE ]
I open in the Hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop (HU): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, he checks

I....

[/ QUOTE ]

....bet. he folded.

LarsVegas 07-21-2005 10:35 AM

I prefer betting this river, with checkraising a second. If it's one of those other overthinking cool guys, he might now valuebet KK-TT.

lars

Entity 07-21-2005 10:45 AM

Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

check, he checks

I....

[/ QUOTE ]

....bet. he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess KQ was no good.

Robb 07-21-2005 11:04 AM

I guess I'm an overthinking cool guy because I would value bet KK-1010 if I was the button. Why? -- because I may get paid off by any pair after the turn is checked through.

Heck even OP was planning on check-calling not check-raising, increasing the value of a river bet by the Button. Given OP checked, a river check-raise is a good play but it's good because it's not common. Therefore Button should value bet KK-1010, imo.