Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Finally Flip-Flops Being Mocked (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296017)

HDPM 07-19-2005 12:48 PM

Finally Flip-Flops Being Mocked

Link HERE

I can't believe how long it took for anybody to point out that flip-flops are not shoes that can be worn anywhere serious. It is bad enough to wear them anywhere but home, the shower, the pool, or the beach, but now people wear them to the White House to meet the President????? Unbelievable.

jakethebake 07-19-2005 12:50 PM

Re: Finally Flip-Flops Being Mocked

I'm pretty sure it was pointed out here a couple of weeks ago.

RacersEdge 07-19-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it was pointed out here a couple of weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

It only took place a week ago.

HDPM 07-19-2005 12:54 PM

well then, why are people still wearing them inappropritely? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

jakethebake 07-19-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well then, why are people still wearing them inappropritely? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing stupidity.

Gallopin Gael 07-19-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link HERE

It is bad enough to wear them anywhere but home, the shower, the pool, or the beach, but now people wear them to the White House to meet the President????? Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be acceptable if they are the ones with the bottle openers on the bottom.

shakingspear 07-19-2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

I can't believe how long it took for anybody to point out that flip-flops are not shoes that can be worn anywhere serious. It is bad enough to wear them anywhere but home, the shower, the pool, or the beach, but now people wear them to the White House to meet the President????? Unbelievable.
It would only be appropriate for this guy.

gorie 07-19-2005 01:16 PM

i work at a professional photo lab and we laugh at this stuff all the time too. i like flip flops, but the idea of wearing them as 'dress shoes' is just stupid.
there are a lot of wedding photos that come through where bridesmaids are wearing flip flops with their dresses !! it just looks so bad.!

swede123 07-19-2005 01:17 PM

I freakin' hate flip flops. My wife wears them alot, and then she starts bitching when she turns her ankle, stubs her toe, or otherwise has some sort of accident hobbling around on these moronic contraptions.

She bought me a pair and it seriously feel like they cut off the bloodflow to my big toe, causing it to fall off!!! At least when women wear high heels their legs look really hot, but there are no benefits to wearing flip flops.

Swede

TheIrishThug 07-19-2005 01:25 PM

yes, flip flops r not formal etire, but of all the things wrong with the world this really doesn't need to be high on the list.