Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   what's the password - to see if there are other 2+2 at your game? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295691)

Kips Bay Kid 07-18-2005 11:52 PM

what\'s the password - to see if there are other 2+2 at your game?

I might have to read here a bit more to get the inside lingo, but how do you find out if there are other 2+2'ers at your table? It sounds kinda odd to say, so anyone here from 2+2? I was playing in a tournament and then $1/$2 NL in the city tonight (nyc) - was anyone there? There's a regular named "Vegas" that showed up with his girlfriend in case anyone was playing with me. I guess I could just make small talk and say yeah that hand was a no brainer, like 2+2, or some other blunt statement.

That's all I am saying - No PM's - I will not respond, so please do not ask me any questions.

bholdr 07-18-2005 11:59 PM

Re: what\'s the password - to see if there are other 2+2 at your game?

i don't believe i get to answer first! there are two commonly accepted ways of determining if there are other 2+2ers at the table- first is to make a refrence to "brown trout"- sometimes in a sentance like "is the brown trout any good here?" etc... the other is to say "'sup bro?" to the player you suspect is a forum menmber. both tend to backfire, but it's better than shouting out: "i'm a 2+2er, anyone else here post there too?"

though, i usually can see it in a person's play, and i like to ask them privatly if they're a member.

GL to you

SamIAm 07-19-2005 01:29 AM

Generally, I think if you don't know the question, you shouldn't ask it. Having an account's not such a big deal. I mean, don't go overboard with the secret-handshake mumbo-jumbo. If I see somebody play tight, aggressive, smart poker, I might say something like "Hey, TeddyBGK, do you know a guy named BisonBison? He's an internet celebrity around here."

Once, after they said 'no', a guy who had just sat down said "Sure. The bison is cousins with the grizzly bear and the brown trout. But that's enough talk of animals."

Very classy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

SamIAm 07-19-2005 01:31 AM

'Sup bro?
-Sam

Bulbarainey 07-19-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
'Sup bro?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao, i never got to see that post, but it made me cry laughing, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Al_Capone_Junior 07-19-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I could just make small talk and say yeah that hand was a no brainer, like 2+2, or some other blunt statement.

That's all I am saying - No PM's - I will not respond, so please do not ask me any questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're willing to make blunt statements in public, but not discuss anything privately over PM? Seems extremely counter-intuitive to me.

I'd PM you with some advice on this matter, but....

Guess you'll just have to figure it out on your own then.

al

IronDragon1 07-19-2005 02:55 AM

As soon as I enter a pokerroom, I usually just shout at the top of my lungs: "Does anyone here post on that poker site for good players twoplustwo.com? I repeat-is there anyone among this sea of idiot fish who posts on two-the number spelled out-plustwo.com?"

Seriously though I don't even worry about it unless someone approaches me about it. But I suppose if I were actively looking for other twoplustwoers I would just wait to see a player's demeanor/playing style and probably find a way to work "sup bro?" into a casual conversation.

tek 07-19-2005 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...how do you find out if there are other 2+2'ers at your table?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to know this because??

Kips Bay Kid 07-19-2005 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I could just make small talk and say yeah that hand was a no brainer, like 2+2, or some other blunt statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're willing to make blunt statements in public, but not discuss anything privately over PM? Seems extremely counter-intuitive to me.

I'd PM you with some advice on this matter, but....

Guess you'll just have to figure it out on your own then.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the reason I said that was I did not want to get flooded as to where the game was, if you want to PM me for other reasons I will not get hostile.

Kips Bay Kid 07-19-2005 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
'Sup bro?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
nice easy enough