Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Unraised pot, small set on a draw heavy board (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295618)

Nate_Dogg 07-18-2005 10:04 PM

Unraised pot, small set on a draw heavy board

Big blind is a solid player, LP is terrible and chases draws like there's no tomorrow.

Full Party table $1/$2 blinds
LP has $100, BB has full stack, I have both covered

folded to LP who limps, I limp on the button w/ 3h 3c, Big blind checks

Flop is 7s 3s Td

Big blind checks, LP bets $9, I raise to $30, big blind flat calls ????
LP pushes all-in for $90 --- What should I do here ?

wtfsvi 07-18-2005 10:15 PM

Re: Unraised pot, small set on a draw heavy board

I take it you think his flat call of the bet and raise means strong made hand? If that's your read, I guess you can smooth-call and go all-in the next time action comes back around to you. If there's a fair chance he's on a draw, just push now. (Either way, you're not getting away from this hand.)

I'm raising preflop.

warlockjd 07-18-2005 10:18 PM

I prefer a potrz to 35.

He has 2 pr or a set. Never ever ever fold without a very specific read that he MUST have a higher set.

PUSH

Nate_Dogg 07-18-2005 10:28 PM

I'm worried about the big blind not LP, I'm pretty certain that LP is on a draw, but BB has shown the most strength by check calling a bet and good sized raise.

wtfsvi 07-18-2005 10:31 PM

I know. (nt)

deadmoney98 07-18-2005 10:40 PM

Personally, a flopped set to me is almost unfoldable, BUT...

This last time this happened to me (almost exactly the same line when I had bottom set) the cold caller had middle set and I was drawing to a one outer and predictably lost my stack. Of course, that was a raised pot...

That cold call of a bet and raise has to make you sick. I would be amazed if the BB folded regardless of your action. FWIW, if you are up against top two pair and the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (worst case scenario where you are still ahead) you still only win ~38% of the time.

warlockjd 07-19-2005 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB has shown the most strength by check calling a bet and good sized raise

[/ QUOTE ]

???????????????????????????/

So you automatically put him on a higher set?

No offense friend, but NL is not for you IMO.

Niwa 07-19-2005 06:14 AM

Tough decision here. Seems like a set would want to get all the money in on the flop here thus I dont understand his coldcall unless he is putting you on a set.

I would re-raise the all-in and call BB if he pushes.