Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just call with a straight flush? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294369)

Gamblor 07-16-2005 10:44 PM

Just call with a straight flush?

the title alone should make the board obvious, but here goes.

30-60 live.

I have 87cc in the BB, there's an MP raise from a solid player and a donk cold calls in LP. I throw out a quarter and a nickel and we have a pot.

flop comes Qc Tc 9c. nice flop. I check, PFR bets, donk raises, I call 2 cold (planning to raise the turn on any safe card), PFR calls.

turn comes (Qc Tc 9c) Jc. I change my mind and come out firing. PFR raises, button calls 2 cold, I 3-bet, PFR calls, button suddenly caps it. I call. PFR calls.

river bricks off. What's my river plan?

Net Warrior 07-16-2005 11:51 PM

Re: Just call with a straight flush?

Wow, pretty novel. You're on the stupid end of a straight flush. It sounds like both the Ace and the King out there. I hate to say it but I go into check call mode on the river. If I don't close the action and it's raised back, I fold.

DpR 07-16-2005 11:58 PM

jaut play it the same as if you had the one card second nut in any other hand.

ggbman 07-17-2005 12:54 AM

Fold when the button caps it. If you don't do this then check call.

flawless_victory 07-17-2005 01:00 AM

OMG... you want to bet or raise on the river? i think the turn threebet was a little much... when the button caps you are 99% drawing dead... if the button is incredibly horrible then call down i guess. if more than one bet goes in threeways on the riv, you will lose 100% of the time.

Diplomat 07-17-2005 03:03 AM

Usually I scoff at the jackasses like flawless_victory who respond as they do, but this time I can't blame them.

Surely you didn't check.

-Diplomat

Ezcheeze 07-17-2005 04:04 AM

Post should be titled "Just fold with a straight flush." Fold on the turn that is. You can't win.

Gamblor 07-17-2005 04:53 AM

I bet. MP called, LP raised, I called and MP called.

MP had AcQx and LP had the Kc with a Q.

The real point was how on earth I thought my hand was worth a showdown on the turn.

Can someone please give me a better turn action?

check-call any bets/raises?

go completely passive for the rest of the hand?

I'm really beating myself up over this one.

random 07-17-2005 08:14 AM

Is it obvious that they both have clubs? I think it is. If they both have clubs, one of them has to have 6c or worse for you not to be beat. It's hard to imagine them going nuts with 6c or worse. I'd call the turn raise from PFR and check/call one bet on the river.

Jeffage 07-17-2005 12:38 PM

I don't like your original turn checkraise plan. Giving a free (assuming you didn't make the straight flush) would be disastrous and is very possible with this board. I would check-call the end once I got to your spot...I actually don't know if I like the turn reraise. When he 4-bets, you are likely looking at the REAL straight flush, but it would be hard to let go of.

Jeff