Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Tired Of Arguing With Ignorant, Dogmatic Nitwits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294172)

MMMMMM 07-16-2005 04:28 PM

Tired Of Arguing With Ignorant, Dogmatic Nitwits

That is all. Forever. Thank you very much. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ACPlayer 07-16-2005 04:36 PM

Finally agreement.

I too am tired of dogmatic nitwits.

However, in the last thread where I tangled with a nitwit, I may have seen a chink of light entering said nitwits "brain". So I shall keep trucking.

I choose to bear the cross, the decision is not taken lightly. Perhaps seventy virgins await me in my martyrdom.

MMMMMM 07-16-2005 05:08 PM

Re: Finally agreement.

I don't think you could handle seventy virgins.

ACPlayer 07-16-2005 05:10 PM

I have an open mind. I would give it a good try.

Dead 07-16-2005 05:41 PM

Re: Tired Of Arguing With Ignorant, Dogmatic Nitwits

Good.

Maybe you taking some time off would be a good idea.

Imagine if you took all the time that you spent on 2+2 and put that into exercise. You would put a new man, MMMMMM. I might not like you very much, but I don't want you to die either.

Think about it.

MMMMMM 07-16-2005 05:42 PM

Thank you, Dead.

John Cole 07-16-2005 09:58 PM

I don't think I could handle one virgin.

MMMMMM 07-16-2005 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could handle one virgin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, John, I am sure you have read the old saying, and I daresay it seems applicable here:

"If Ned never tries, Ned never does".

John Cole 07-16-2005 11:42 PM

M, here's a line from Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock that may come in handy: "You're not only wrong; you're wrong at the top of your voice."

DVaut1 07-17-2005 12:03 AM

I like you MMMMMM. You treat everyone with respect, at least from what I've seen. That's highly admirable. I know I often fail at treating everyone with the dignity they deserve. Not only that, you're posts are coherent, contain thought, etc. Combine that with your respectful nature and I think you're a great poster.

That having been said, I think you should tone down your expectations. It sounds like you're frustrated about your inability to persuade others. I've seen empirical evidence that showed political persuasion is nearly impossible. This isn't to say you shouldn't try to persuade; but I wouldn't let it bother you if you fail (at least I wouldn't let it bother me).

So, I think you should stick around. Maybe there's some hidden sarcasm in your OP that I missed and you plan on sticking around anyway. In that case, ignore this.