Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   small pot w/overcards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293439)

thejameser 07-15-2005 12:03 PM

small pot w/overcards

no real reads, but i would classify the table as generally loose preflop and passive postflop(but generalities can kill you in poker). typical SS table.

party 5/10

(i had problems with the converter, sorry)
I'm in MP1.

UTG calls, folded to me in MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so i raise, folded to BB who calls.

3 to flop for 6.5 SB:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks through.

turn(3.25 BB):
8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, BB folds, UTG calls.

river(5.25 BB):
5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I bet, UTG folds.

pretty boring, huh?

crunchy1 07-15-2005 12:08 PM

Re: small pot w/overcards

What were you expecting to accomplish by betting the river?

thejameser 07-15-2005 12:23 PM

represent a PP and get UTG to fold. i had him on a draw(hearts, overs, straight) which was correct because he showed me J10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when he folded(which i thought was kind of stupid). also, i don't have PT at work but this guy(UTG)folded ALOT on the river. He only WSD like 30 something % and won at sd in the 40% range(lower 40s, don't remember exactly). plus i was playing my image as well, my VPIP was like 13 at this table and the only hand i had raised with went to SD and won(i flopped a set with jacks). anyway, i thought a river bet would push him out of the pot unless he had a PP, which was not likely.

thejameser 07-15-2005 12:26 PM

of course "ALOT" is relative to the few number of hands i had with him/her(about 50).

chief444 07-15-2005 12:27 PM

What possible reason did you have for not value betting that flop?

W. Deranged 07-15-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What possible reason did you have for not value betting that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on. Not betting the flop is a glaring error.

flair1239 07-15-2005 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no real reads, but i would classify the table as generally loose preflop and passive postflop(but generalities can kill you in poker). typical SS table.

party 5/10

(i had problems with the converter, sorry)
I'm in MP1.

UTG calls, folded to me in MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so i raise, folded to BB who calls.

3 to flop for 6.5 SB:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks through.

turn(3.25 BB):
8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, BB folds, UTG calls.

river(5.25 BB):
5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I bet, UTG folds.

pretty boring, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

My typical line here is bet/bet/check, then make a grimace and ask the Dog "How could that Jackass call down with 22". She usually says "woof" and I agree.

jskills 07-15-2005 12:47 PM

Wondering why you didn't bet the flop?

Nick C 07-15-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
represent a PP and get UTG to fold. i had him on a draw(hearts, overs, straight) which was correct because he showed me J10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] when he folded(which i thought was kind of stupid). also, i don't have PT at work but this guy(UTG)folded ALOT on the river. He only WSD like 30 something % and won at sd in the 40% range(lower 40s, don't remember exactly). plus i was playing my image as well, my VPIP was like 13 at this table and the only hand i had raised with went to SD and won(i flopped a set with jacks). anyway, i thought a river bet would push him out of the pot unless he had a PP, which was not likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold?

crunchy1 07-15-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I was thinking.

My next question - had I returned to the thread sooner was going to be: Why didn't you bet the flop?