Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AK and pot odds... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292431)

xGoreDudex 07-13-2005 11:40 PM

AK and pot odds...

Okay, I was dealt an AKo, always nice. But when I encountered my nut straight draw on the board, did I have the correct odds to contiune my draw. I had 4 of the needed cards so, with my caculations with the current odds of the pot it computed to 4.7, I reasoned this was enough to continue and did so...correct play or did I need better pot odds... here's the hand, give me [censored] if I did wrong...

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (11.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.20 BB

Sykes 07-13-2005 11:41 PM

Re: AK and pot odds...

If you're asking if you had correct odds, then yes, if you're A and K outs were "clean". Although with the J out (giving you 10 total outs and about 9 clean outs) then yes.

But please, in the future, bet the flop.

bozlax 07-14-2005 01:00 AM

Preflop, g00t.

Flop, you have 4 outs to the nut flush, plus 6 more outs to top pair, best kicker. So, you not only have enough to call, you might've thrown in a semi-bluff raise, here.

Now, the line you took is just fine, and probably couldn't be improved much, if at all. But, let me make a couple of suggestions:

Since you didn't raise the flop, you could've checked the turn. Then you pick up an extra bet when CO calls MP1's bet-out, then you can raise and take it from there.

An alternate turn/river line, of course, is check/call the turn and check/raise the river (you've got the nuts on the turn, with the remote chance that the board pairs and gives somebody a full house). It's probably FPS, especially at .25/.50, but it might squeeze out an extra bet or 2.

glean 07-14-2005 05:21 AM

I don't like the CC/CR river line. If someone is out there with Ax hoping to hit there strt or what not I want them to pay on the turn, while they still have hope.