Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK, worth getting stacked? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292050)

jkkkk 07-13-2005 01:14 PM

AK, worth getting stacked?

villain is classic TAG, not too agressive though 2.5 pfr, 3avg ag

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>.

3 or so limps to Hero who raises to $2, one caller who is UTG+1.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets $5, I call.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

UTG+1 bets $15, I fold.

I know this line is weak, I think I should of raised the flop to see where I was. Raise to $15?

Laomedon 07-13-2005 01:17 PM

Re: AK, worth getting stacked?

Stack sizes? I just don't see how you have any information to let you make this fold here... I think this flop needs a raise and, given your read, if you meet substantial resistance by all means fold, I just don't see how you KNOW you're behind in this spot.

soah 07-13-2005 01:18 PM

You don't have to KNOW you're behind in order for folding to be correct.

wslee00 07-13-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think what you're saying applies here - hero has AK on an uncoordinated flop (well, unless you hold QT). You better know you're behind, or at least be very certain, if you fold this.

I raise on the flop to $15.

Go_Blue88 07-13-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think what you're saying applies here - hero has AK on an uncoordinated flop (well, unless you hold QT). You better know you're behind, or at least be very certain, if you fold this.

I raise on the flop to $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you should raise the flop here. Villian could be betting a King with a weak kicker to see where he's at, and when you just called, he decided he was ahead.

jkkkk 07-13-2005 01:39 PM

Yep, I knew I should of, was just making sure that was the general consensus.

NickPoker 07-13-2005 01:55 PM

I agree with everyone else. Re-raise flop, assuming you are not committed probably fold to a re-raise or a turn lead.

ajmargarine 07-13-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that you should raise the flop here. Villian could be betting a King with a weak kicker to see where he's at, and when you just called, he decided he was ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

swolfe 07-13-2005 02:38 PM

if you're going to fold the turn when nothing has changed, then you should fold the flop. that's not a bad play against a typically passive TAG...you're generally only going to play a big pot with them when you're behind.

jkkkk 07-13-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to fold the turn when nothing has changed, then you should fold the flop. that's not a bad play against a typically passive TAG...you're generally only going to play a big pot with them when you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, calling the flop was just plain horrible. I imagine more than half the time he bets into me like this he has AK or better, though i don't think I can justify a fold on the flop, he might call down with a weaker K.