Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Golf tomorrow - help! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292042)

Yeti 07-13-2005 01:08 PM

Golf tomorrow - help!

Tomorrow I go play golf for the first time in about 8 years. I have been a few times in the past with my uncle, who is a pretty damn good senior, but I wasn't that great at all back then.

I fear I will be even worse now.

Someone gimme some quick tips. Thanks.

MoreWineII 07-13-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Golf tomorrow - help!

Be sure to yell "fore!"

kyro 07-13-2005 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be sure to yell "fore!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

Yeti 07-13-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be sure to yell "fore!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That would probably involve getting the ball off the ground.

offTopic 07-13-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tomorrow I go play golf for the first time in about 8 years. I have been a few times in the past with my uncle, who is a pretty damn good senior, but I wasn't that great at all back then.

I fear I will be even worse now.

Someone gimme some quick tips. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

5. "If you're laying up, lay up to a distance where you can make a normal full swing."

4. "If you're faced with a long putt that you'd be satisfied to get within tap in length, then imagine a 3 foot radius circle around the hole and just try to get the ball into that imaginary circle."

3. "One way to read putts is to hang your putter vertically in front of your dominant eye while standing behind the ball, in line with the hole and your ball. If the shaft is not in line with the hole, then putt breaks to the side the hole is on." This is called "plum-bobbing".

2. "On the backswing, you should shift your weight to your back foot. Then on the downswing, your weight should shift to the front foot."

1. "Keep the putterhead low to the ground throughout the stroke."

holeplug 07-13-2005 01:24 PM

Go to the driving range and just hit a bucket or two. At least make sure you can hit your 3 wood decent so you don't embarrass yourself on the 1st tee when theres 5 groups watching behind you.

chaas4747 07-13-2005 01:28 PM

Show up drunk, then when you play bad just keep repeating, "God I am so [censored] up I can't even play."

Yeti 07-13-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Show up drunk, then when you play bad just keep repeating, "God I am so [censored] up I can't even play."

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this suggestion.

groo 07-13-2005 02:02 PM

Thats hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On a serious note......have fun, be polite, don't hold up your playing partners or the group behind you, drink a few beers to relax.

Firefly 07-13-2005 02:03 PM

It's all in the hips!