Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Was this a bad calldown? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291430)

silkyslim 07-12-2005 02:56 PM

Was this a bad calldown?

No reads on villian, he just sat down. I have been trying to avoid at least 2 bad calldowns a day to improve my winrate (which is negligable since I started 1/2). Flop raise was to protect. Had to call the 3-bet obv. Turn I improved to a gutshot and TPGK so I called again. Should I call river b/c pot was big?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: (10.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?

jrz1972 07-12-2005 02:59 PM

Re: Was this a bad calldown?

Calling the river is probably -EV but +sanity. I would play the whole thing the same way you did, losing to the inevitable AK.

Eeegah 07-12-2005 03:01 PM

You definitely should call this river bet; you only have to win this once every 11 times or so. Not much you can do here; I like it.

How are those 10 handed 9-max tables working out for you?

tiltaholic 07-12-2005 03:07 PM

i don't think is a bad fold. i doubt top pair ten kicker wins here.

though i think this could be a good "cheap" situation to "enhance your read" by calling down.

silkyslim 07-12-2005 03:11 PM

My read from sitting with him for awhile now is he gets 2 pair and they hold up more often than is normal.

Malcom Reynolds 07-12-2005 03:13 PM

Without a read just call down.

A read on the aggressiveness/passivity on the villian would help greatly.

D'OH 07-12-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to avoid at least 2 bad calldowns a day to improve my winrate (which is negligable since I started 1/2).

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's not your question, but I think you will improve your winrate by simply folding KTs UTG.

imported_The Vibesman 07-12-2005 03:49 PM

I call down a lot of hands, but I don't think this one is any good. That 10 kicker will not usually hold up against a preflop raiser who is 3betting this flop. If that last card was not a club I would lean towards calling, as my only hope would be that he had been jamming the flush draw, but when it hits, I lose all hope. You may call to see what he has, if it is worth a big bet to improve your read.

Worrots 07-12-2005 03:51 PM

Fold KTs UTG preflop. Too easy to end up paying twice to see the flop and wondering if you're dominated. Then you get into these situations like you have here where you're playing TP-okK against a preflop raiser who also likes the flop. Yuck.

If I had seen this flop, I'm folding without any hearts and waiting for a better opportunity.

Malcom Reynolds 07-12-2005 03:56 PM

Limping KTs UTG is fine in a loose and passive game.