Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hello! Critique my play..Hmmm... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291345)

SittingBull 07-12-2005 12:30 PM

Hello! Critique my play..Hmmm...

*****MICO LIMIT********.25/.50**********
3rd
FAC(X X) 9h CALLS
MUS(X X) 2s BRINGS-IN CALLS
RAV(X X) Kc CALLS
BULL(4c Kh) Ks RAISES [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
SVEN(X X) 5d FOLDS
4th
FAC(X X) 9h 3d FOLDS
MUS(X X) 2s 5h CALLS
RAV(X X) Kc Jc CALLS
BULL(4c Kh) Ks Ah BETS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
5th
FAC(X X) 9h 3d 6s FOLDS
MUS(X X) 2s 5h 7d CALLS
RAV(X X) Kc Jc 9d CALLS
BULL(4c Kh) Ks Ah 6h BETS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
6th
MUS(X X) 2s 5h 7d Qh FOLDS
RAV(X X) Kc Jc 9d As CALLS
BULL(4c Kh) Ks Ah 6h 5c BETS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
7th
BULL(4c Kh) Ks Ah 6h 5c 6c BETS FOLDS [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
RAV(X X) Kc Jc 9d As X RAISES
HappyPokering
SittingBull

CJC 07-12-2005 12:33 PM

Re: Hello! Critique my play..Hmmm...

The only thing I want to critique Bull is the fact that you are playing micro-limits.......

Why??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice to see you my friend..

CJ

schroedy 07-12-2005 12:54 PM

I would check call the river, as I see many more hands that beat me than hands that would call a bet and lose.

But these good two pair hands in stud are very close either way.

Even though I am almost sure I've lost, I probably pay off the river raise for the size of the pot. Again, just me.

The idiots I play with continually try to get me to lay things down when they can't even beat my board. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

beta1607 07-12-2005 01:06 PM

Perfect - right up to the part where you folded 7th.

SittingBull 07-12-2005 01:14 PM

LOL! Hello,CJ! LOL! Nice to \"see\" u too!....

The reason I'm currently playing Micro-Limits is that every month I have to withdraw about 50% of my bankroll to pay some bills for condo fees,energy,auto Ins,. and food .
I am not able to parly up my bankroll to play in any "higher" limit game at this time.
However,I will be receiving my social security check in mid-Sept..(62,early retirement [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])and I will NOT have to use much of my bankroll. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will then be able to parly it on up and "graduate" to the "higher" limit games. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I plan on finding out what my "level of incompatence" is in "cyberspace".
BTW,almost ALL stud games seem to have vanished in the MIss/La. area at the B&M's.
However,the low-limit hold'em games 3/6 to 4/8 are very profitable. For the last 4 sessions in Miss/Baton Rouge,I evolved a winner. But I'm having trouble beating the "micro-limit" hold'em games in "cyberspace".
HappyPokering,
SittingBull

SittingBull 07-12-2005 01:21 PM

Hello,Beta! U are CORRECT! Folding 7th IS USUALLY...

INCORRECT. However,I displayed a lot of aggression thru 7th. In this case,it's EXTREMELY rare for one to come over the top with anything less than trips.
Calling and losing is a MINOR error. But FOLDING the BEST hand is a catastrope [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].So in GENERAL,U are correct. BTW,my Oppo. showed a Str. on 7th. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SittingBull

SittingBull 07-12-2005 01:28 PM

Hello,Schroedy! UR OPPO. expects U to call in this spot......

In the "micro-Limit" games,It's EXTREMELY rare for a player to NOT have at LEAST trips when he comes over the top after his Oppo. displays aggression thru 7th. So If u are playing these limits,save ur last chip. They do add up OVER TIME.
Player showed a Str.,BTW.
SittingBull

beta1607 07-12-2005 01:31 PM

Re: Hello,Beta! U are CORRECT! Folding 7th IS USUALLY...

The reason you have to pay off the bet, is as you stated its only a small mistake. You know with reasonable certainty that your opponent is on a draw in this situation, and when you bet you are commiting yourself to see a showdown. You wouldn't have to fold the best hand here very often for your opponent to show a profit bluffing this on 7th. Also by folding you are setting yourself up for people to take shots bluffing you on later hands.

Andy B 07-13-2005 01:21 AM

I'd have to be awfully damned sure of my opponent in order to fold this river, and I don't think you can be sure of much at $.25/.50.

SittingBull 07-13-2005 01:32 AM

Hello,Andy! Oppo. showed down a Str...But

calling the last bet is NEVER a major mistake.
SittingBull