Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Newbie post, First time on Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291188)

Asmodean 07-12-2005 05:02 AM

Newbie post, First time on Party

Hi Guys, First post so please be gentle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've recently opened an account with party after playing the Cryptos, but seem to be having a couple of problems and was wondering whether these are common.

1, The buttons seem to disappear every now and then for no apparent reason [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

2, There seems to be no consistancy in how much time I get given to make a decision, I seem to get anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Partys support seems to be spectacularly useless.
If anyone has any Ideas I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks

ackid 07-12-2005 05:51 AM

Re: Newbie post, First time on Party

Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I was told it was a glich in partys software. I went to empire , didnt have any problems. It happens every so often with party,

TaoTe 07-12-2005 08:37 AM

Asmodean? Interesting name. Does the acronym WOT mean anything to you?

Asmodean 07-13-2005 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I was told it was a glich in partys software. I went to empire , didnt have any problems. It happens every so often with party,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm glad its not just me! Just cleared the bonus so I'll sign up for Empire next.

TaoTe: Yes [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], It started off as a great series I just hope the next one isn't as much of a chore to read as the last one.

Stephen Gray 07-13-2005 08:33 AM

I also hope that it is a good book. Still, Crossroads of Twlight has left me doubting =(.

TaoTe 07-13-2005 08:51 AM

Knife of Dreams should be great. I can't wait for October.

Pov 07-13-2005 11:43 AM

FWIW I play on Party a lot and have never experienced these problems.

SheridanCat 07-13-2005 12:12 PM

I've seen some graphical weirdness but minimizing and then remaximizing the window usually fixes it all up. I'm using the chiplitre.com modification to get rid of the dealer and chairs so I have a cleaner look, so that could be part of it.

I've not experienced the time to act issue you're seeing. Usually you get a bit of time, say 10 seconds, then a 15 second warning and then you're folded. However, if your network connection disconnects you get more time for the connect to reestablish and then act. That time does seem to vary a bit.

Regards,

T

bholdr 07-13-2005 05:27 PM

sounds like sowtware trouble. delete the software and download and re-install it, that should do the trick.