Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   33 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290732)

PokerBob 07-11-2005 03:16 PM

This is a hand a friend of mine played at Canterbury Park 4/8 yesterday. Table is generally passive post-flop (calling with TPTK) and riddled with idiots. Most are calling stations.

HollywoodDB is in the sb with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG raises, folds to HDB who 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop (HU) (7SB)

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HDB bets, UTG calls.

Turn (4.5BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HDB bets, UTG calls.

River (6.5BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

HDB bets, UTG raises, HDB???????

SmileyEH 07-11-2005 03:17 PM

Re: 33

fold preflop.

-SmileyEH

PokerBob 07-11-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

callmedonnie 07-11-2005 03:23 PM

Against calling stations someone may have just hit their gutshot w/ AQ, I am assuming no Q9. I fold preflop. With trips I'm calling because he may have two pair.

Folding this preflop isn't a bad idea but I'll give it a shot. The flop is just hoping he missed, but against calling stations, is there any FE? With these hands I like to see if I hit the flop, and then end it.

Azhrarn 07-11-2005 03:42 PM

I would also fold pre-flop, particularly if UTG also tends to the loose and passive.

I would call the river, although I wouldn't be happy about it. KJs and JTs are possible holdings, although I'm not sure how likely they are for this particular player. With a good read on UTG, this could easily be a fold.

thejameser 07-11-2005 04:21 PM

i'm not going to reiterate the whole fold preflop thing as i think the call is very dependent on the opponent, but i do think it was a slight mistake. are the implied odds here good enough to play that hand? anyway, against this passive-wuss type he has a hand he likes; is it two pair, a straight, or an unlikely bigger set? i would probably just call, which is unusual for me at 4/8 live, where i like to "push my edges", but AQ is just screaming at me.

shant 07-11-2005 04:24 PM

I don't know about the preflop play against a loose-passsive 4/8 opponent. What's the plan on the turn if that 3 doesn't hit?

Tonsafun 07-11-2005 04:24 PM

Ugh. There's nothing I hate worse than Canterbury 4/8. But I digress.

He's probably going to get shown JJ here is my guess. AQ too.
He's almost certainly beat. The only thing he's beating is KJ, maybe JT.

Fold preflop.

River: HBD calls.

HollywoodDB 07-11-2005 04:55 PM

F__k those guys who would fold preflop. UTG had exactly what I put
him on, and played it exactly how I thought he would. Why not go
heads up with a guy I'm basically 50/50 with, when I know I can
outplay him postflop. I made a great read and a great 3-bet. He
called unprofitably and beat me. Oh well, that's poker. Weak
tighties.

PokerBob 07-11-2005 05:05 PM