Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ending a Relationship on a Good Note (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290517)

fimbulwinter 07-11-2005 07:52 AM

Ending a Relationship on a Good Note

The skinny:

college just ended, she's on the other side of the country. we're still friends and still talk on the phone fairly frequently. it was great, but we both decided to be single now. obviously i miss her.

that was all of a week ago. last night a cute girl who plays poker gave me her number. i know i probably won't call it. i feel weird, like i cheated even talking to her. this is certainly not right.

i have what is shaping up to be the best year of my life ahead of me. i will be almost entirely free, financially fine and in a tropical-esque location with much fun to be had. i don't want to ruin this.

any advice on this kind of situation? how do you deal with other girls when you're still on good terms with your ex?

all input and SIIHP appreciated.

fim

toss 07-11-2005 07:56 AM

Re: Ending a Relationship on a Good Note

[ QUOTE ]
last night a cute girl who plays poker gave me her number.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often does this happen? Like almost never? Call her! You decided to end the relationship.

fimbulwinter 07-11-2005 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often does this happen? Like almost never? Call her! You decided to end the relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a week since i ended a long term relationship. even blunt fimbulwinter knows that would be crass.

fim

Bluffoon 07-11-2005 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a week since i ended a long term relationship. even blunt fimbulwinter knows that would be crass.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

First, sorry that you had to end a relationship you clearly werent ready to. That said, you are not a widow just a bachelor. You can sit around and mope or you can get on with your life. Its just as over now as it will be in six weeks. Call.

grass 07-11-2005 09:40 AM

last night a cute girl who plays poker gave me her number. i know i probably won't call it.

obvious lie or cute means she wasn't a bytch.

TheWorstPlayer 07-11-2005 10:13 AM

Call the new girl but don't rush things. At least you'll make a friend and quite likely she'll help you get over your ex.

bisonbison 07-11-2005 10:16 AM

Call. Do not fold.

SmileyEH 07-11-2005 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. Do not fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of advice - isn't it time for another Dear Bison?

-SmileyEH

bisonbison 07-11-2005 11:45 AM

1 week

pj4533 07-11-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any advice on this kind of situation? how do you deal with other girls when you're still on good terms with your ex ?

[/ QUOTE ]