Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Final Table seating at a poker tournament? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290431)

b00gal00ga 07-11-2005 02:50 AM

Final Table seating at a poker tournament?

For the large buyin events, how is the seating at the final table determined?

My friend argued that the players are seated in order of the amount of chips. To me, that doesn't make sense.

mpitts 07-11-2005 07:41 AM

Re: Final Table seating at a poker tournament?

I usually take the A - 9 of a specific suit of cards and have the players draw from them. A = button, 2 = small blind, 3 = big blind, etc.

Lottery Larry 07-11-2005 07:42 AM

that absolutely doesn't make sense. Can I guess that the short stacks end up with the biggest stacks to their right in their scenario? So, they get to face the double handicap of smaller stacks and bad position compared to the biggest stacks?

Seating is randomly determined.

SamIAm 07-11-2005 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually take the A - 9 of a specific suit of cards and have the players draw from them. A = button, 2 = small blind, 3 = big blind, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]Is there any reason for you to dig-through the deck to find those specific cards first? Why not just let them pick from a whole deck? The cards will still be ordered.
-Sam

Hosayif 07-13-2005 06:41 PM

that way eliminates ties and it doesnt take too long to find the cards. I only care about suits when there are multiple tables (spades one table diamonds the other table)

Socrates 07-13-2005 09:26 PM

You're friend sir is an idiot. He didn't think that through before he said it di he? It is randomly assigned wither through cards or software.

TN_POKER_MAN 07-14-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Is there any reason for you to dig-through the deck to find those specific cards first? Why not just let them pick from a whole deck? The cards will still be ordered.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt....why dig through the deck? We just draw/deal cards. In case of a tie, those players draw/deal again.

If trying to split group into two tables, we just seperate them red table & black table and break any ties with a second card if necessary.

Forget all that digging through the deck or having special numbered tokens and such.

dandy_don 07-14-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the seating at the final table determined?

[/ QUOTE ]

We handle it by determining which table is to be the final table and those players remaining at that table keep their seats. The players moving from the other table take their seats starting with the player due for the button from the table being closed down taking the next available seat after the button, the player that was to his left taking the next available seat and so on.

kona 07-18-2005 03:40 AM

When we hit the final 8,9,or 10 players (whatever has been predetermined) we choose cards and seat randomly. Also take the time to color the chips if needed. I think it adds to the final table being special.