Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AK vs. many donks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289727)

PokerBob 07-09-2005 09:52 PM

AK vs. many donks

Canterbury 8/16 (9 handed)
I have been here for about 2 hours. I think everyone at the table is aware of my TAGishness.

BB here is a kid who wears sunglasses. Doesn't play a lot of hands. Knows the fundamentals, but not as much as he thinks. Not aggressive enough IMO.

Lady plays OK, but cold-calls too much.

MP is a jackass.

MP limps, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Lady cc's, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop (4 players) (8.5 SB)
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP checks, I bet, lady raises, BB calls 2, MP folds, I.......what is your plan the rest of the way?

Willluck 07-09-2005 10:10 PM

Re: AK vs. many donks

I think I call and c/r the turn, 8/16'ers at CP are almost as bad as 4/8'ers, so you will probably get called down.

edit: I change my mind, ladies at CP are nitty and she could easily have AQ, I think I am 3-betting the flop and seeing how she takes it, if she caps I will probably fold turn UI.

drdre2001mm 07-09-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I c/r the turn, 8/16'ers at CP are almost as bad as 4/8'ers, so you will probably get called down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I either do that or I 3bet and lead the turn.

Shillx 07-09-2005 10:15 PM

There has to be some merit to just calling now and then either check/raising or check/folding the turn based on what the BB does. Actually I'm rather fond of that play since I'm not exactly thrilled when a decent player calls two cold on this flop.

Brad

Willluck 07-09-2005 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There has to be some merit to just calling now and then either check/raising or check/folding the turn based on what the BB does. Actually I'm rather fond of that play since I'm not exactly thrilled when a decent player calls two cold on this flop.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]I think the kid easily has AT or AJ

Shillx 07-09-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]I think the kid easily has AT or AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

That is fine too. Just check/raise them both on the turn.

cnfuzzd 07-10-2005 04:49 AM

calls, checkraises the turn,,,,

youre going to bunkfest, right?

peace

john nickle

PokerBob 07-10-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
calls, checkraises the turn,,,,

youre going to bunkfest, right?

peace