Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who continuation bets? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288981)

ggbman 07-08-2005 03:04 PM

Who continuation bets?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Getting effectivly 8-1, i'm curious how many people bet this flop if the blinds check.

baronzeus 07-08-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Who continuation bets?

you can check/call if you want, because you're probably gonna need to see a T to win this one.

TMFS9 07-08-2005 03:13 PM

Not I

PokerBob 07-08-2005 03:17 PM

I often do and need to stop, at least on a board like that. That said, I think it is good for metagame to sometimes check after raising pf when you HAVE hit your hand, especially against aggressive cc'ers. Nothing like c/ring those jackasses and using their aggression against them.

DMBFan23 07-08-2005 03:19 PM

not with 4 players, without a read

Willluck 07-08-2005 03:20 PM

I bet here.

mtdoak 07-08-2005 03:22 PM

Check/call, check/fold unimproved the turn. A C/R is an option if you have weak tight oppenents and they will give you a free river card as well. But that requires some good knowledge of your oppenents. Betting out is just plain silly.

Willluck 07-08-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting out is just plain silly.

[/ QUOTE ] You don't think betting has fold equity?

PokerBob 07-08-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are likely folding only the hands that you are already ahead of. Someone here has an ace, and they ain't folding.

Willluck 07-08-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are likely folding only the hands that you are already ahead of. Someone here has an ace, and they ain't folding.

[/ QUOTE ]But betting gives you an idea of who you are ahead of, and where you stand in the hand. I donno, I am probably wrong about betting here, but it is kind of standard...edit: for me