Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How have "Sit and Go Power Tools" helped your game? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288292)

SuitedSixes 07-07-2005 04:53 PM

How have \"Sit and Go Power Tools\" helped your game?

I'm undecided as to if I will buy this right now. Can anybody say anything to sway my decision one way or the other?

The Yugoslavian 07-07-2005 04:56 PM

Re: How have \"Sit and Go Power Tools\" helped your game?

Do it.

Deep down inside you want to be like me.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
PS The only caution I'd have is to not let it F up your brain into thinking bad pushes are good pushes b/c you can contruct a tight range that makes the push +$EV....

Nottom 07-07-2005 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm undecided as to if I will buy this right now. Can anybody say anything to sway my decision one way or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is fantastic and would be worth it even at twice the price, if you are playing the 30s or up it should easily pay for itself in a under a week.

Sure its nothing you couldn't do by hand, but it sure makes it easy.

The Yugoslavian 07-07-2005 05:05 PM

Since studying with it I've most likely lost $$$.

In your face Easty!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
PS Although I'm quite a bit better.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

suited_ace 07-07-2005 05:09 PM

Well, you know what I think: buy it ASAP.

It won't dramatically change your game, but it will teach you to spot a lot of +EV situations that would go unnoticed. Your ROI will appreciate it.

wulfheir 07-07-2005 05:12 PM

I've mostly heard reference to this at higher levels. I'm a new $10+1 player and have toyed with the idea of getting, but unsure how it will affect things at this buy-in. The wife has already 'okayed' the purchase, I just need some confirmation at this level, or if I should keep it on my wish list until I move up in levels.

1C5 07-07-2005 05:13 PM

In HOH2, Harrington talks about spending hours doing calculations that the tool does in a second.

I like it.

ilya 07-07-2005 05:13 PM

Well, it's just a calculator. If you can read your opponents pretty well, but don't have a good feel for which cards are profitable to push given your reads, the program will help you. If you suck at putting people on hand ranges, the program will be of very limited use to you.

johnnybeef 07-07-2005 05:26 PM

get it....NOW!!!!

The Yugoslavian 07-07-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The wife has already 'okayed' the purchase

[/ QUOTE ]

So...you need to clear things by your wife in order to buy them? And your wife okayed a purchase of some sort.....and you're hesitating on whether or not you should buy it?!?!

Oh, it's also quite useful....does that help? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav