Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Live $4/$8 at Binion's - Q10 suited (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288224)

michiganlaw 07-07-2005 03:29 PM

Live $4/$8 at Binion\'s - Q10 suited

Live $4/$8 ring game at the Horseshoe this past weekend.

The issue is how to extract the most amount of money from villain post flop when it's heads-up and you've made your flush on the turn.

Hero (~$180)
Villain (~$300)

Pre-flop: Hero is in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folds around to the button who raises to $8. SB folds, Hero cold calls $4.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $4, Hero calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

What does Hero do to extract the most amount of chips. Options as I see them:

(1) go for the c/r on the turn, hoping villain won't fold TPTK following a c/r
(2) check/call on the turn, hoping to c/r the river
(3) lead out on the turn, hoping to get raised by villain with TPTK

Comments? Also, should I lead with a bet on the flop with my four-to-a-flush draw? Ordinarly, I bet my drawing hands, but since it was heads up I didn't want the villain going anywhere. Thoughts?

Aces McGee 07-07-2005 03:49 PM

Re: Live $4/$8 at Binion\'s - Q10 suited

[ QUOTE ]
Also, should I lead with a bet on the flop with my four-to-a-flush draw? Ordinarly, I bet my drawing hands, but since it was heads up I didn't want the villain going anywhere. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have queen high. Why don't you want your opponent to fold?

-McGee

thejameser 07-07-2005 03:53 PM

go read/post in the HUSH forum; and c/r the turn.

Aces McGee 07-07-2005 04:12 PM

there's nothing wrong with posting this hand here. HUSH is for games where the table is short or heads up, not full ring games that end up short or heads up on a certain hand.

-McGee

michiganlaw 07-07-2005 04:17 PM

RESULTS

RESULTS IN WHITE:

<font color="white"> Hero checks the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn. Villain bets $8, Hero raises to $16. Villain thinks for 30 seconds then folds. </font>

Any way to make a more profitable line? What about this line...if I merely call the turn bet by the villain, then villain is more committed and more likely to call a c/r on the river with TPTK, what do you think?

Dan Rutter 07-07-2005 04:36 PM

Re: RESULTS

How often will the villian bet a TPTK hand for value on the river? You hate it if you check, with the intention of raising when he bets, and he ends up checking behind, if he would call if you had bet out. This response is before looking at the results.

meep_42 07-07-2005 04:36 PM

Villain is also likely to check behind or not call or possibly beat you when another spade comes on the board.

He's also likely to check behind with a weaker hand.

-d

Dan Rutter 07-07-2005 04:42 PM

One reason to try and get extra bets in on the turn is to protect your hand against a hand that has a As, or Ks in it, as well as getting more money in the pot so when a scare card comes (4th spade) the action does not die.

private joker 07-07-2005 08:05 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
One reason to try and get extra bets in on the turn is to protect your hand against a hand that has a As, or Ks in it, as well as getting more money in the pot so when a scare card comes (4th spade) the action does not die.

[/ QUOTE ]

The As is on the board. So the fear of a higher flush outdrawing Hero is irrelevant.

I do agree that a 4th spade can kill action if Villain doesn't have one, but I think c/r'ing the turn is a fine idea, hoping Villain calls down a pair of A's on a non-spade river.

Moneyline 07-07-2005 10:42 PM

I would check/raise the flop the vast majority of the time. If your opponent doesn't have an ace he/she will often fold. In blind stealing situations you want to get aggressive, and the flop of this hand is a perfect time to do it.