Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad call on the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286792)

dawade 07-05-2005 06:02 PM

Bad call on the river?

No reads of any importance on the villain. Plays alot of pots, but hasn't won many...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

davelin 07-05-2005 06:07 PM

Re: Bad call on the river?

I'd bet the flop.

teajay 07-05-2005 06:11 PM

First, I'd have bet the flop. The hand may have played differently from there.

But given the passiveness of the play, I'd almost consider raising the river. Doesn't look like a straight is out there, and you've got a nice kicker.

TJ

dawade 07-05-2005 06:19 PM

You guys bet this flop even if you're up against two calling stations? I've lost a good bit of money playing overcards UI, guess I need more practice with these sticky situations.

McGahee 07-05-2005 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, I'd have bet the flop. The hand may have played differently from there.

But given the passiveness of the play, I'd almost consider raising the river. Doesn't look like a straight is out there, and you've got a nice kicker.

TJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but his avatar sucks.

I completely agree by the way.

McGahee 07-05-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys bet this flop even if you're up against two calling stations? I've lost a good bit of money playing overcards UI, guess I need more practice with these sticky situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you bet the turn?
Granted, a lot of us are autobettors and I don't think your line is a bad alternative to mix it up once in a while...but as a default play you'd rather take the free card on the turn; especially given that you can safely fold to a donk river 'bluff' when you're losing to A high.

bozlax 07-05-2005 06:29 PM

First, continuation-bet the flop, but I'm sure everybody's going to say that.

Second, OFCOURSEYOUCALLTHERIVERHERE! If you're not going to call a wonky bet on the river WHEN ONE OF YOUR CARDS HITS you've got no business betting the turn.

2+2 wannabe 07-05-2005 06:37 PM

i don't like how you played this hand

betting this flop - i'd do it but it's not the end of the world if you don't with the multiple draw board

betting the turn - i really don't like it (if the river checks through i might take a stab)

easy river call

McGahee 07-05-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betting the turn - i really don't like it (if the river checks through i might take a stab)

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to explain this? The way the flop action went down I like a turn 'stab' much better than one on the river.

flo 07-05-2005 07:07 PM

I'd bet the flop and raise the river, call a reraise.