Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How insane is thiking about folding AQo for 2 more bets pre-flop here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286152)

Nigel 07-04-2005 07:08 PM

How insane is thiking about folding AQo for 2 more bets pre-flop here?

Full game. I raise in CO, button 3 bets, SB caps, BB calls 4 cold.

See the flop then fold, or too high a chance of being dominated out the wahzoo here?

Is thinking of letting this go pre-flop just trying to be fancy? Other than trips, the nut flush draw, or the broadway straight I can't think of a flop I'm really going to love here.

Someone straighten me out here please.

Nigel

Justin A 07-04-2005 07:37 PM

Re: How insane is thiking about folding AQo for 2 more bets pre-flop h

Reads?

Nigel 07-04-2005 07:41 PM

None. First orbit. You guys know as much as I know. None of the players screen names were datamined on my last database.

20+ people have viewed this and either are not sure about this one, or think it's so insane that it's not worth commenting on, lol.

One thing I do know, Tommy Angelo would have just folded it pre-flop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The Dude 07-04-2005 07:45 PM

With no reads, there's no way in hell I'm folding this preflop.

stinkypete 07-04-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is thinking of letting this go pre-flop just trying to be fancy? Other than trips, the nut flush draw, or the broadway straight I can't think of a flop I'm really going to love here. \

[/ QUOTE ]

quads would be acceptable.

Nigel 07-04-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quads would be acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah... make fun of the stupid kid. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nigel

Nigel 07-04-2005 07:56 PM

Ok, 1 vote for insane. Thank you.

Do you dump KQo here?

skp 07-04-2005 09:43 PM

Re: How insane is thiking about folding AQo for 2 more bets pre-flop here?

Just this weekend in the Party 30 game, I raised AQ off UTG only to be 3 bet by dude to my left and then capped by button.

I mucked.

Your situation is a little different in that your initial raise is from late position so the button's 3 bet doesn't - relatively speaking - mean much. But sb's cap is still worrisome as is bb's coldcall.

I think it's a close decision but these factors would sway me into calling:

1. My late position

2. My complete lack of reads on the other players

3 The fact that you are getting 7:1 odds (as opposed to less than 6:1 in my scenario)

4. The fact that you have position on 2 of the 3 players and the one guy who has position on you stands to have the weakest hand of the 4 of you.

5. The fact that many players don't cap from the blinds with AK which is one of the hands that you obviously don't want to be up against.

SA125 07-04-2005 09:57 PM

My experience online with PT and AQo shows why it's a gr 3 hand. I always lose money with it. But I believe players who are luckier than me have won a lot of money with it.

Net Warrior 07-04-2005 10:39 PM

I presume you open raised and there were no limpers in front of you. If so, bu most likely is putting you on a steal and is trying to isolate you. You probably have the better hand. SB is likely putting bu on an isolation play so your hand may still be best, or not much worse that SB's. BB may have a big pair or a good draw and is feeling frisky. I think you must see the flop.