Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   AK driving me crazy, today! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286127)

yabastid 07-04-2005 06:04 PM

AK driving me crazy, today!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter

SB (t2455)
Hero (t1240)
UTG (t730)
MP1 (t450)
MP2 (t830)
CO (t1125)
Button (t1170)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t345</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: t505

No real reads although villian may have just started to get a little out of line- not sure though I was 4 tabling.

yabastid

ZBTHorton 07-04-2005 06:15 PM

Re: AK driving me crazy, today!

Well. According to the other thread, AKs plays 'really well' multi-handed. So this is a push obviously.

flyingmoose 07-04-2005 06:16 PM

On holidays, I trust hands like AKs and QQ a LOT more than I normally would. Too many drunks online to fold AKs today. Pooooosh!

If it were St Patty's day, I wouldn't even fold JJ 7-handed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Bigwig 07-04-2005 06:17 PM

I push.

yabastid 07-04-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On holidays, I trust hands like AKs and QQ a LOT more than I normally would. Too many drunks online to fold AKs today. Pooooosh!

If it were St Patty's day, I wouldn't even fold JJ 7-handed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

yabastid 07-04-2005 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well. According to the other thread, AKs plays 'really well' multi-handed. So this is a push obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read sarcasm?

45suited 07-04-2005 07:02 PM

I take it that I'm the only one who folds here?

yabastid 07-04-2005 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it that I'm the only one who folds here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I did. And then I looked in the mirror and called myself a weak tight pussy and cried for a while.

ImNotSoLucky 07-04-2005 09:17 PM

Well ZBTHorton since you are referring to my earlier post in an extremely sarcastic fashion for no apparent reason, I guess i'll defend myself somewhat. The only reason I made that comment on another thread was I have read and heard in many different places that AK is THE premier drawing hand. Combine that with the knowledge that in MULTI WAY pots you would rather have a good drawing hand than a made hand that stands little room to improve such as AA or KK and through a little 4th grade deductive reasoning you can conclude that AKs plays a lot better in multi way pots than AA-TT. If you would like to critique a post of mine from here on out maybe you can back it up with something more than sarcastic comments

donny5k 07-04-2005 09:28 PM

He's referring more to my post. I was of course not referring to a 3-way allin when I said that. And it's not that AKs plays better than AA multiway, it's that strong draws play well in multiway pots. And AKs has a lot of strong drawing potential. AKs plays well with any number of players: with big multiway pots you can flop a flush draw and have a huge +EV situation, or you can hit a pair that will hold up well with multiway action.

To clarify even more, when I refer to it playing well multiway I'm not talking about how often it wins at showdown in a multiway race situation, I'm referring to implied odds concepts.

Edit: Also, I didn't invent this statement myself, it comes from Sklansky.