Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AK .. lost (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285723)

mimih 07-03-2005 11:58 PM

AK .. lost

Call down after i'm raised on the turn? or check-fold the river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

crego20 07-04-2005 12:01 AM

Re: AK .. lost

I call down unimproved after the flop cap. Now if there was
a flush draw, I like your line.

bozlax 07-04-2005 12:08 AM

He 3-bet you preflop, which, against an unknown, makes me think AA/KK/QQ/AK. You stop-n-go him, and he raises you on the flop, making me think he's not too worried about top pair.

Call his flop raise, and check-call the rest of the way, unless you have a strong read that he'll be this aggressive with something less than top pair.

caggin 07-04-2005 12:16 AM

Unless I have a read that CO is a crazy lag, I call down after his raise on the flop. It's heads-up now and I don't see any point in adding more chips to the pot. I fear AA or a set, the best I can hope for is a split. I don't wanna fold without some kind of read so I try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

Angrymoog 07-04-2005 12:17 AM

I think you should call it down after the 3-bet.

If you choose to play it as you did with the stop and go on the turn, you could just call his 3-bet and lead out the turn, saving you one small bet. But after he raises you have to call the turn and river.

KingOtter 07-04-2005 12:18 AM

If he's not a maniac, then I respect that flop cap and call it down. 80% of the people out there playing won't go to a cap without some kind of hand. Heck, most of them will stop-n-go you with some kind of hand. That he takes it all the way to the cap MEANS something... most of the time. But when that 'most' doesn't apply is pretty player dependent.

KO

irishpint 07-04-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He 3-bet you preflop, which, against an unknown, makes me think AA/KK/QQ/AK. You stop-n-go him, and he raises you on the flop, making me think he's not too worried about top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

he didnt stop and go, he ran out of options (it was capped).
i cap this PF, bet/call the flop (incase he was going to check it through, unlikely tho) and check/call river.

bottomset 07-04-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AK .. lost

[/ QUOTE ]

get used to it, it happens a lot

fold the turn if he isn't a LAG .. you are absolutely crushed and have effectively maybe 1out, and are drawing dead a lot of the time

if he is a fullblooded maniac like 95/75 always 3betting a raise type, you need to cap the flop, and maybe put the 3rd bet in on the turn maybe calldown depending on how aggro he is postflop with nothing

NateDog 07-04-2005 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should call it down after the 3-bet.

If you choose to play it as you did with the stop and go on the turn, you could just call his 3-bet and lead out the turn, saving you one small bet. But after he raises you have to call the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read the hand. Hero 3 bet and was capped.

bottomset 07-04-2005 03:50 AM

to the ppl saying to call this down given the way hero played it

you are getting about 13/2 to calldown are you really ahead 1/6.5 times here? you'll hit tripK's 4% of the time, we'll be nice and say they are always good, is he bluffing or has AK 11% of the time?

hero butchered the hand, but calling down after being raised on the turn is prob well over a 1.5BB mistake, unless villian is a very aggro LAG