Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can anyone pull off Clarkmeister here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285124)

jba 07-02-2005 08:45 PM

Can anyone pull off Clarkmeister here?

foxwoods (live) 10/20

reads: I think I have a solid TAG image at the table. The table is somewhat loose and generally bad, villain is no exception. I have seen him hit bottom two on a Q72 board from MP (with 72o) and bet agressively all the way through on a Q72xQ board. I have not seen him 3 bet PF, and he does not raise PF an inordinate amount.

I have played only one hand against him, the table had quickly and temporarily gone 5-6 handed and was playing a bit tight. I raise Q9s from CO or hijack and he defends a blind, I flop Q9x and he calls me down, visibly shocked to see Q9. This is about an hour ago.

hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain is in LP.

hero raises, some folds, villain (LP) raises, all fold, hero raises, villain calls.

flop [8.5sb]: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero bets, villain raises, hero calls

turn [6bb]: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero checks, villain bets, hero raises, villain raises, hero calls.

river [12bb]: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

hero??

question 1: thoughts on the turn c/r? when villain raised the flop, he was visibly excited about his hand. I thought there was about a 100% chance he bets the turn when I check to him, thus I thought a turn c/r was in order. The fact that the only hand with 2 spades that came close to making sense was KQ, made me less concerned about giving a free card. thoughts on this? Just let it rip on the flop?

question 2: river??

Derek132260 07-02-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Can anyone pull off Clarkmeister here?

Against such a wild player who you've seen calldown with questionable holdings, yes...let it rip on the flop.

On the river, I think a bet/fold is in order.

edtost 07-02-2005 09:54 PM

i think this hand calls for a mike l. - style flop with about 11 bets ging in and a check-called turn and river.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ArturiusX 07-03-2005 12:21 AM

I check-call to induce two pair/lower set to bet into me. The earlier action isnt clarkmeisterish because it suggests he had a made hand on the flop.

A_C_Slater 07-03-2005 12:25 AM

I think he has Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Scott_Baio 07-03-2005 01:08 AM

I hate the flop call. No need to get tricky. The way you describe his play, he obviously thinks his hand is good. Jam it, I doubt he is slowing down. Cap flop and bet out turn for the 3-bet (even if spade comes). Once he caps the spade and 4th spade hits you are c/cing hoping to see two red queens.

Note: the only reason I don't like bet folding this river is because based on the 72o example, I think he has the potential to raise a non spaded hand in this spot.

Moneyline 07-03-2005 01:41 AM

Given your read, I think you made the right play on the flop and turn. When it comes to the river, I would check/call since your opponent seems a little jumpy and may try to bluff you. Against many opponents I would bet out on the river, but given your read I think checking and calling is preferable.

Moneyline 07-03-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop call. No need to get tricky. The way you describe his play, he obviously thinks his hand is good. Jam it, I doubt he is slowing down. Cap flop and bet out turn for the 3-bet (even if spade comes). Once he caps the spade and 4th spade hits you are c/cing hoping to see two red queens

[/ QUOTE ]

In B&M poker the pot doesn't get capped heads/up, so I would rather get in a raising war on 4th street where the bets are bigger instead of 3rd.