Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   5/10 Tough turn decision with a set (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284536)

Jonny 07-01-2005 06:00 PM

5/10 Tough turn decision with a set

Villain in this hand is a multitabling regular, who personally I don't think is anything special. Stats are 30/15 preflop. He seems to have avreage agression.

How is my line up until the turn decision, and what would you do there?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($354.52)
Button ($895.58)
Hero ($1252)
BB ($1136.49)
UTG ($1920.79)
MP ($1165.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $40</font>, UTG calls $40, CO folds, Hero calls $40.

Flop: ($160) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $225</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $125.

Plan is to c/r all in on the turn, in hindsight I think I should have reraised flop. I didn't really think he had a draw at this point. I put him on overpair, and felt a reraise would let him off easy.

Turn: ($610) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check, he bets 300, what now?

This is a tough one, what is the plan for the rest of the hand?

gomberg 07-01-2005 06:08 PM

Re: 5/10 Tough turn decision with a set

I like the lead bet on the flop to be a little bigger, so then when he raises, you can contemplate pushing in on a drawy board so it looks like you may have a draw.

As for the turn, that A may actually be a good card for you. I like a CR all-in here on the turn. His possible hands are AA,KK,QQ,AQ, AsKs, - not sure how many other hands he could have here. You beat 16 of his holdings and lose to 6. I CR push here unless your range / read is different than mine.

iceman5 07-01-2005 06:15 PM

With 2 broadway cards and 2 spades on the flop, I wouldve reraised the flop, but if I didnt, Im definatley pushing the rest in now.

thabadguy 07-02-2005 01:40 AM

I would lead the flop for about pot..$150ish..then when he raise i would probably move in.
Most multitabler only play premium cards so its mroe likely he has a big pair in the hole than a draw here.
Also is reraising outta the blinds such a terrible play here? You might get him to lay down some hands such as AKs.And taking the pot down with TT preflop is never bad imo

fimbulwinter 07-02-2005 01:53 AM

put it all in on the flop and you'll most often get called by 2 or fewer outs. This is not the board to wait on.

fim

flawless_victory 07-02-2005 09:25 AM

jesus. im not sure what to tell you to do on the turn... tough, tough spot. i woulda raised PF... completing is WEAK, but i understand the logic... the flop is an easy push given the previous action and board texture. if the turn comes a duece, he might check AA/KK or fold to an allin checkraise... push flop.

Jonny 07-02-2005 12:24 PM

The problem with pushing the flop to his raise, is that he would have an easy laydown of AA/KK. I waited until the turn, representing a Q or a draw, so that he would bet his overpair.
Then the plan was to c/r all in.

Obviously the A changes things a bit, I think is a real close decision and doesnt matter either way by much.

Jonny 07-02-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead the flop for about pot..$150ish..then when he raise i would probably move in.
Most multitabler only play premium cards so its mroe likely he has a big pair in the hole than a draw here.
Also is reraising outta the blinds such a terrible play here? You might get him to lay down some hands such as AKs.And taking the pot down with TT preflop is never bad imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem here is that this guy would not raise a hand other than QQ-AA, and AKs. I would rather smooth call and go for set value here. I wouldn't want to get reraised and forced to fold it PF, giving up roughly $150.

And if he calls, I'm out of position the whole hand not knowing where I'm at.

deadmoney98 07-02-2005 02:07 PM

Is it really not possible that your opponent raised with AQ here? I think AQs and AKs (of spades) are likely and dangerous holdings for him here. If you are really convinced he has AA, you should fold obviously, but I think you are going to end up check calling all the way down.

deadmoney98 07-02-2005 02:11 PM

FWIW, I think you are ahead here and the turn bet is either a scared KK, or AQ that believes he is best. Ihe really does have the AQ of spades you are roughly a 70-30 favorite on both the flop and turn.