Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Turbo Texas or Turbo Tourney (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283380)

niko421 06-30-2005 12:52 AM

Turbo Texas or Turbo Tourney

Which is better, I have the option of either at UB for points, which should I be purchasing

Rick H 06-30-2005 12:10 PM

Re: Turbo Texas or Turbo Tourney

I have both, but haven't used tourney much. Turbo was great for learning/practicing limit ring games. That's what I'd recommend for limit poker. As always, YMMV.

Steve 06-30-2005 09:10 PM

Turbo Texas is much more valuable. It has all kinds of features for analysis whereas the Tourney version just let's you play tourneys against computer opponents (who aren't that great IMHO). TTH is like $89 but the Tourney version is only $39 I think, so that is a good indicator.

DiggerDog 07-01-2005 12:52 AM

I have both. Turbo Texas ($89) is the ring game simulation and Turbo Tourney ($59) is the tourney simulation. Both are great for practicing and the computer AI is certainly as tough as the games you'll find online. I think that Turbo Texas is more useful since it also offer analysis of your play with an add-on analysis program called Sidewinder Sid ($15). Sid is a character they created which gives you hand by hand feedback on how you might have played any particular hand better than you actually did. There's also a "Challenge Mike" feature that allows you to play 50, 100 or 200 hands that are also played by one of the AI profiles called Mike. Mike plays the hands and then you play the exact same hands with the goal being to make more money than Mike did when he played the hands.

Again, I like both programs as they give you an opportunity to practice, practice, practice.

trillig 07-01-2005 12:09 PM

Only because it's free: The Turbo Texas Hold'em (Regular)

I have both as well, Poker Academy Pro 2.0 just came out finally and it puts both to extreme shame.

Wilson not updating in years is definitely bad as well, it's so old school looking, I guess so even Windows 3.1 users can use it? Any of you still out there? I thought not...

-Bri

WWJFergusonD? 07-01-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wilson not updating in years is definitely bad as well, it's so old school looking, I guess so even Windows 3.1 users can use it? Any of you still out there? I thought not...

-Bri

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Wilson just updated both programs in June of 2005....

klange 07-02-2005 01:52 PM

Love your handle - WWJFergusonD

I have the new wilson and the differences don't seem very significant.

trillig 07-02-2005 05:05 PM

Where are the update downloads (or at least or actual INFO on doing it) and NEW screenshots?

[self edited out major SLAM on the site and software, but infer them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]]

-Bri

klange, tx for fast reply earlier.

WWJFergusonD? 07-02-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Love your handle - WWJFergusonD

I have the new wilson and the differences don't seem very significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Obviously, I like my handle, too!

So far, I've only played about 10 min of the new turbo hold 'em, and it doesn't really seem that different to me, either. But 10 min isn't a fair assessment. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Sidewinder Sid, though.

I haven't tried the tourney version yet.