Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Semi-interesting 88 situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281654)

Bradyams 06-27-2005 05:50 PM

Semi-interesting 88 situation

<font color="blue">On the turn CO has exactly 1 BB left. My thinking is he'll just go ahead and put his last bet in if I check, BB will call, and I get a chance to raise and get another big bet out of BB. If I just bet CO will call, and BB will call...earning me one less big bet. Is this typoe of play okay to go for or is there too much of a chance of it getting checked through that it's not a good idea? I don't know what CO caps with on the flop, and then checks on the turn rather then putting his last two dollars in, but he did it, and it baffled me.</font>

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Brady 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Brady calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Brady checks, CO checks.

handsome 06-27-2005 06:02 PM

Re: Semi-interesting 88 situation

IMO you played it right. But that sucked.

gharp 06-27-2005 06:06 PM

This is pretty interesting. I'd say you made a good play -- but in hindsight, it looks like CO was scared of your "big Ace" (since you raised preflop). Still, more often than not, I think you'll make some extra $ here.

kapw7 06-27-2005 06:26 PM

Bet the turn EVERY time.

PygmyHero 06-27-2005 06:32 PM

It is confusing to see so much action on a raggedy flop like that. I think going for the cr was the right play - I can't believe the CO didn't push it in - he must know it's going in on the river anyway. I can't even remember the last time I have seen someone NOT go in when they're down to the last bet like that. I would try to cr 100% of the time.

Am I the only one who thinks the other two players in the hand must have big pocket pairs (and the CO apparently has smaller than AA)?

Bunch 06-27-2005 06:46 PM

i dont like the 3 bet on the flop all that much, top set with rainbow board and a guy looking to put all his chips in, id bet it out then call. and depending what comes after either bet out again or CR.

Rev. Good Will 06-27-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the 3 bet on the flop all that much, top set with rainbow board and a guy looking to put all his chips in, id bet it out then call. and depending what comes after either bet out again or CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

do you not like betting into active opponents with the nuts while not being vulnurable to redraws?

Fantam 06-27-2005 07:02 PM

I dont know what CO called your PF raise with that makes sense looking at his post flop play.

Maybe he had a higher pocket pair.

Anyway I think that you should just have gone ahead and bet the turn. As you suggested checking risked the turn being checked through.

So I would have bet the turn. I think checking hoping that CO would bet was risking missing bets.

Aaron W. 06-27-2005 07:05 PM

I think it's a good idea. Sometimes good plans get messed up. This isn't the type of situation where you're losing lots of money in the long run.

Fantam 06-27-2005 07:06 PM

I find it hard to concentrate on the posts when I see your avatar.

I think that your dancing bear rules! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]