Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tipping (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281352)

sekrah 06-27-2005 09:18 AM

Tipping

I know there's been a thousand threads on Tipping.. So why not another one.

I just wanted some opinions of my tipping philosophy and a simple response..

Either:

A) Cheap Bastard, I hope you burn in hell!
B) Stingy prick, cough up a little more dough there.
C) That's good enough..
D) You'll never making good EV throwing away money like that.
E) Is your name Barry Greenstein?

Okay, now for how much I tip. I play either 2/4 or 3/6 limit at Taj and Borgata.. I will tip $1 for every $25 I win. ($50 pot = $2, $75 = $3, etc), I also tip $1 when the dealer leaves the table. Occaisionally, if I go on a rush and win a couple big pots in a row, I'll throw the dealer a red chip.

I WILL NOT TIP IF THE POT IS SMALLER THAN $25.

Some might consider this too cheap with my money,.. but I'm not there playing cards to support the dealers families.

If somebody wants to throw $2 or $3 everytime they win a $25 pot, that's fine with me.. I don't care what you do with your money. But I get offended from people who get offended about poor tippers.

I think my $1 for every $25 in the pot, and $1 as the dealer is leaving the table (whether I win a pot or not) is a very fair tip.

Opinions?

Evan 06-27-2005 09:29 AM

Re: Tipping

You'd save yourself money by just tipping $1 on every pot that you win--blind steals, monsters...make them all $1 and it'll be cheaper for you.

sekrah 06-27-2005 09:46 AM

Really?? I would love to see some math behind that theory. There's not alot a ton of $50 pots in 2-4.

AKQJ10 06-27-2005 10:22 AM

True - it probably works out about the same.

I toke $0.50 for small $2/4 pots. I'd reconsider if Foxwoods dealers kept their tips.

Occasionally with some remarkable hand (e.g. quad deuces dragging a decent pot) I'll tip $2-$2.50 at $4/8; I figure the overall drop in $ EV is made up for by the I'm-enjoying-myself-and-not-too-bad-a-cheapskate feeling EV.

IgorSmiles 06-27-2005 03:11 PM

2/4 is a game played for fun, not profit. Tip already. At least move up to 5/10 where you can rationalize being a cheapass by saying youre actually trying to win money.

sekrah 06-27-2005 03:16 PM

Sorry Igor, Disagree..

If I goto AC, I want to come back with more money than I leave with! I have more fun when I leave with money, then when I don't! (who Doesn't!)

I don't see why I should throw away $100 in tips everytime I make a visit, when I'm only playing with 3 or 400 dollars.

IgorSmiles 06-27-2005 03:20 PM

The buck as the guy is leaving helps a little. But not tipping on a $23 pot strikes me as a bit tight in the tush.

sekrah 06-27-2005 03:32 PM

In a 3-6 game, what's a $23 pot?? I raise to $6, get three callers, I bet out at the flop and they fold, I should pony up a buck for that?

BottlesOf 06-27-2005 03:38 PM

That's too much work, just tip $1 every pot. I don't tip blind steals unless I like the dealer.

sekrah 06-27-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's too much work, just tip $1 every pot. I don't tip blind steals unless I like the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think tipping blind steals is insane..