Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Straight flush draw + top pair with one card to come (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279191)

xcrack999 06-23-2005 07:24 PM

Straight flush draw + top pair with one card to come

Villain in this hand is very loose. He has VPIP of 76 over about 50 hands, but he's been more passive than aggressive, and I haven't seen him make a big raise like this before. I thought he might have hit his two-pair, but he's also the type of player who would call a pot-size bet with gutshot straight draw, so I don't know. How about that turn bet? Is a check better? Comments very much appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Button ($30.82)
SB ($20.2)
Hero ($23.8)
UTG ($44.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($3) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $15</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $20

heretowin 06-23-2005 09:24 PM

Re: Straight flush draw + top pair with one card to come

The way I see it you cannot fold this hand you have too many outs. 8 and king give you a straight, so thats 6 outs, 9 more for the flush plus maybe some outs for catching your 2nd pair or trips. I think he sensed weakness from you because that raise appears fishy. Let me know what you think.

PokerCat69 06-23-2005 09:37 PM

worst fold ever

xcrack999 06-23-2005 10:56 PM

Hmm... I think you're right. During the hand, I was actually deciding between reraising all-in and folding, but damn party poker gives you like half a minute to act, and time ran down and I didn't get to decide. After having some time to think, I think calling was the best option. I don't think I had any fold equity for the reraise, and I am pretty sure that I was not going to win the hand unless I improved on the river. So calling at least gave me the chance to save some money at the end if I didn't improve. What do you guys think?

kurto 06-23-2005 11:17 PM

Just to play devil's advocate, you may not have as many outs as you think. If he holds QK, then all your straight outs are no good. Its possible that only your flush outs are good.

illunious 06-23-2005 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's been more passive than aggressive, and I haven't seen him make a big raise like this before.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not getting 2:1 implied odds, I think that makes it an easy fold, especially with this read.