Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NBA Trade Rumor (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279039)

xadrez 06-23-2005 02:49 PM

NBA Trade Rumor

Quentin Richardson to NY for Kurt Thomas

Link

Phoenix1010 06-23-2005 03:17 PM

Re: NBA Trade Rumor

AAAAH ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Trade away one of our only remaining players who can even masquerade as a 5 for yet another overrated 2/3 who will further kill our cap space? This has got to be bizarro world.

xadrez 06-23-2005 03:25 PM

Why did Isiah sign Jamal Crawford? Then trade for Richardson?

Ultimately, how angry I get about this is going to depend on how which draft picks the Knicks give up. If this cost a draft pick in the next 2-3 years I might break something in my office.

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-23-2005 03:42 PM

I am more than apathetic about this... or am I less than apathetic? What I'm trying to say is I have no idea why I should ever care.

Phoenix1010 06-23-2005 04:30 PM

Reminds me of the animated Sports Guy season two premier.

David Stern: "From the New York Knickerbockers, the winner of the NBA's 2005 Worst Executive award, Isiah Thomas."

Isiah Thomas: "Thank you Mr. Commissioner. I made a deal with Magic during the commercial. I'm trading him the number 1 pick straight up for Slava Medvedenko, and his last two slices of pizza."

The Armchair 06-23-2005 10:03 PM

Isiah for Governor!

(Anything to get him out of the front office.)

Jules22 06-23-2005 10:19 PM

knicks philosophy "cant ever have too many small forwards!"

06-23-2005 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did Isiah sign Jamal Crawford? Then trade for Richardson?

Ultimately, how angry I get about this is going to depend on how which draft picks the Knicks give up. If this cost a draft pick in the next 2-3 years I might break something in my office.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamal Crawford and Q. Richardson are completely different ballplayers. With the loss of Allan Houston, the Knicks need a spot-up shooter. They don't have another one. Jamal Crawford shoots 12%.

Also, Richardson is 25. Thomas is 32. And the Knicks get a #1 (probably late round, dubious value), they don't give one up.

I am not telling you (a) that I like this deal or (b) that it makes sense relative to all of the other moves Isaiah has made. All I'm saying is that I can understand why the Knicks want Q.

PS WFAN has been reporting that there is serious doubt as to whether Richardson will pass a physical.

Aces McGee 06-24-2005 10:44 AM

I don't like this trade for Phoenix, either. I know they need to get bigger. But adding Kurt Thomas (who'll be often be undersized in the West) isn't going to turn them into a defensive juggernaut. They are still going to need to score a bunch of points to win. And I think giving up Q (premier three-point threat who opens the floor up) may hamper their offense enough such that the marginal improvement on the defensive end won't be enough to compensate for the loss of his offense.

-McGee

RogerZBT 06-24-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isiah for Governor!

(Anything to get him out of the front office.)

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd sell Manhattan back to the Indians for $11 in beads and trinkets.