Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What's your line for this one? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278063)

deception5 06-22-2005 07:47 AM

What\'s your line for this one?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Villian is completely unknown, it's only a few hands after I sat down. Is it worth going to showdown with this one? I'm only ahead of a mid/low pocket pair. Should I just keep betting until I run into some resistance? Check/raise the flop and bet the turn? c/c-c/c-bet?

Thanks for your help!
D5

PocketPaul 06-22-2005 07:56 AM

Re: What\'s your line for this one?

Without any reads I think I would check fold the flop, but perhaps I am just weak tight.

Almost all hands that 3 bet will have either an A or a higher pocket pair than 10's. The pot is small you are out of position with only 2 outs to improve, so I would let this one go.

jrz1972 06-22-2005 08:11 AM

There aren't any "standard" 3-betting hands that you're beating. Your only hope is villain decided to reraise a little light with something like 99 or KQs; otherwise you are hosed.

The A may very well be a scare card for villain if he has a pair of face cards, but your fold equity is very low against unknowns at this level.

I would just check the turn, planning to fold to a bet.

deception5 06-22-2005 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just check the turn, planning to fold to a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking as well. Bet the flop check/fold the turn. Especially when the queen came down on the turn!

Fantam 06-22-2005 08:24 AM

When MP1 3-bets you, as an EP PF raiser, assuming he is a sane player and with no reads, I estimate his likely range of hands to be AA-TT and AK.

That means your TT is most likely to win if he has AK, and he doesnt spike a pair on the flop. When the A falls on the flop, I think you are almost certainly behind.

MP1 calling your flop bet, then suggests to me that he is most likely to have a higher pocket pair than you, and that he didnt raise incase you had paired the A yourself. I also think that if you continued in this hand, that MP1 would usually be prepared to go to a showdown.

I wouldnt have bet the flop, and continued betting until meeting resistance, because I think that would just have resulted in losing bets.

I am afraid that I would have probably check/folded this hand on the flop.

hold_em 06-22-2005 08:50 AM

I like your bet on the flop. Gives him a chance to fold a better hand. But, once he calls I think im done with the hand. Once i have a read on my opponent ( he shows he 3 bets with nothing) I may keep beting for value. But, in absence of a read I check fold the turn unimproved.