Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Really wierd hand. Overcall the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277941)

Grease 06-22-2005 12:55 AM

Really wierd hand. Overcall the river?

No reads, still early in the session.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero...

youdnf 06-22-2005 01:05 AM

Re: Really wierd hand. Overcall the river?

i wouldnt like it, but i would call the river.

JacksonTens 06-22-2005 01:10 AM

What are you putting him on? a 2? A slowplayed straight? I would definately call as your getting 10-1. Call this down or maybe even raise/fold but that depends on the player your up against and what kind of table it is. I'd have led out on the river and perhaps folded to a raise.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Paxosmotic 06-22-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you putting him on? a 2? A slowplayed straight? I would definately call as your getting 10-1. Call this down or maybe even raise/fold but that depends on the player your up against and what kind of table it is. I'd have led out on the river and perhaps folded to a raise.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd definitely call getting 10-1, but if you lead the river and it's raised, you're now getting 11-1. What makes that a fold? You MUST call this.

Brunger 06-22-2005 01:15 AM

Why not bet river? That way you can get calls from sixes and sevens. When you check a better top pair will bet but you have to call anyway and I doubt you induce a lot of bluffs on this board. At least not a often as someone will call with A6

Grease 06-22-2005 01:18 AM

I was deciding between bet/fold and c/c. I'm not even sure either of those was the best approach to take looking back on it.

ArturiusX 06-22-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You'd definitely call getting 10-1, but if you lead the river and it's raised, you're now getting 11-1. What makes that a fold? You MUST call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way we're good 11-1 times here against a river raise.

Brunger 06-22-2005 01:28 AM

Nobody has shown any strength throughout the hand except for you and the pot is pretty large therefore I don't think that check-folding is good at all.

Grease 06-22-2005 01:28 AM

Very good point. I did call.

KDawgCometh 06-22-2005 02:16 AM

hmm, I'm kinda torn on what to do on this flop. I wonder if check raising the flop might not be a bad idea, as someone would have to bet that hand somewhere. BUt betting out is not bad at all and is probably what I would do at that moment. I think leading the river would be the smart play and fold to a raise. the overcaller really sucks here too