Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I have top pair, I call. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277759)

Joe Tall 06-21-2005 07:59 PM

I have top pair, I call.

15/30 Online - table is super loose and mostly passive.

UTG limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, the SB completes and I check w/Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP1 call, MP2 calls, SB calls, I call.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB folds, I call.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, all fold to me and I call.

Thoughts?

aK13 06-21-2005 08:01 PM

Re: I have top pair, I call.

Fairly standard...I think...

bobdibble 06-21-2005 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

brettbrettr 06-21-2005 08:04 PM

I can't find a fold, nh. On the river, after the field folds, I think you have to call hoping to see a mid PP or busted heart draw. I wouldn't think this would be a good spot to overcall, but after everyone else quits I call too.

Redeye 06-21-2005 08:08 PM

I personally couldn't figure out another way to play this hand. Obviously raising the flop doesn't do a thing for us and with the table description, people could be calling with just about anything. On the turn, you're getting like 8.5:1 on the call. You've probably got the best hand a good % of the time, plus with the pot offering you that much on a call, even if you're behind to a bigger queen you're not losing a ton here.

Could we raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? We are getting a nice overlay from two other callers here that could make up for getting occasionally called by a bigger Q. If there is value here, it has to be somewhat thin though.

On the river, are you folding if UTG is overcalled?

BWebb 06-21-2005 08:47 PM

Are you home, is this an old hand or are you also playing online while in Vegas?

Joe Tall 06-21-2005 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you home, is this an old hand or are you also playing online while in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas airport has free wireless! My flight was delayed an hour. WOOOT!

chief444 06-21-2005 10:21 PM

Joe Tall,

This is a pretty standard line for me. The only thing I may do differently at times is lead the turn when it's a draw heavy flop and the draws likely missed. But here, 5-way on the turn, I'm still check/calling down as you did. The only other option I can think of is check/raising the turn if UTG is weak/tight and the other two are really loose. But I don't really like that either. And I suppose betting the river is a decent option as well if you intend to either call or overcall anyway.

I guess since this seems somewhat standard I'm just trying to think of what other options you may see here.

Chief

BottlesOf 06-21-2005 10:41 PM

No one wants a flop bet?

Edit: I may try the c/r myself and then revert to this plan when the bet comes on the left, but I'm surprised everyone sees this as ultra standard.

Jake (The Snake) 06-21-2005 10:57 PM

I think I prefer just betting out as there is no indication from PF action that you will be able to C/R someone from late position.

Also, the way it was played, why not bet out on the turn? It's a pretty easy fold if UTG raises I think while if you are simply called you can feel a little more comfortable that these guys are only drawing.