Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Those Fishooks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276330)

Mroberts3 06-19-2005 09:16 PM

Those Fishooks

I think I messed this up... I should have bet the turn because it didnt hurt me if I was behind already, and there could be hands I still beat that have outs to beat me. Also I should have folded river because I cant beat any reasonably hand that a fish (which he was by the way) would bet with. Is this analysis correct?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

silkyslim 06-19-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Those Fishooks

bet the turn, check/call the river if you think you are behind

LargeCents 06-19-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I messed this up... I should have bet the turn because it didnt hurt me if I was behind already, and there could be hands I still beat that have outs to beat me. Also I should have folded river because I cant beat any reasonably hand that a fish (which he was by the way) would bet with. Is this analysis correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you are going all the way, you might as well bet it all the way.

imported_Reaction 06-20-2005 12:30 AM

What hand(s) do you think CO is calling with PF?

aK13 06-20-2005 12:40 AM

Ax, PPs, Kx, suited connectors, garbage....

Bet the turn again -- I think you can safely fold to a raise.

smcannon 06-20-2005 12:58 AM

Why not fold the turn?

Dave G. 06-20-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not fold the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we think we're behind to an A, we should be folding the flop. The turn didn't help any hands that aren't already beating us. In fact, the appearance of the second A makes it less likely that villain has one himself.

We should bet because we might still be ahead. If he is a bad player, there's a very wide range of hands he could have here. It's an easy fold to a raise.

If he calls, check/call the river (though this one could have been nicer). I've noticed a lot of otherwise passive players LOVE to bluff at the river (I seperate aggression by street in PV and a significant number of people have numbers like 0.65/0.74/3).

hbaromega 06-20-2005 03:38 AM

probably fold the turn, definitely fold the river.
you could also bet/fold the turn

Mroberts3 06-20-2005 04:04 AM

well im glad not everyone agrees on what to do, at least that means it wasn't an obvious mistake by me. As for the results the villain had QJs in hearts so he had the flush draw and then hit his queen on the river. This is why I needed to bet the turn, cause there are a lot of hands that I still beat that he can call with. I personally think that I should have bet the turn, folded to a raise and then check/called the river. Thanks for the advice all.

smcannon 06-20-2005 02:10 PM

I don't know. I still think I'm folding the turn.