Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   me and my poker addiction (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276184)

blaze666 06-19-2005 04:39 PM

me and my poker addiction

i have been playing for 6 months now, and i have developed what i think is a poker addiction.

1. i want to play poker ALL the time
2. whenever my freinds say they are bored of poker, and want to call it a night, iv'e still got days worth of juice in me.
3. if im not playing poker, im talking about it. if im not talking about it, im thinking about it
4. im hearing the clink of chips in my head, and whenever i hear them, i look around to see if there is a poker game near me.
5. i want to do nothing else apart from playing poker.
6. i love the feel of playing cards.

Does this sound like a poker addiction? it feels like a warm blanket. i love my poker addiction, i expect mopst of you feel like this.

SmileyEH 06-19-2005 04:40 PM

Re: me and my poker addiction

Start 8 tabling 30 hours a week. That should cure what ails you.

-SmileyEH

ethomps 06-19-2005 04:45 PM

What sites do you play at?

Nigel 06-19-2005 04:49 PM

Seriuosly, I'm jealous of this guy. Let's trade, I'd give anything to want to play more.

Nigel

DrFeelgoodRC 06-19-2005 05:04 PM

yeah....i've got that too...everything reminds me of poke

like when i was driving to school, saw some kids on the side walk playing a game where they book it across the street and try to beat traffic...first thing that comes to my head is that they're putting all their chips on the line for a pot that isn't worth it.

the only cure for this is clearly more poker

willthethrill 06-19-2005 05:25 PM

post this in the psychology forum so u can talk about addictions

Kevroc 06-19-2005 08:49 PM

I was in the bathroom at work and written inside the stall some guys were having an arguement. Both cussing and dissing the crap outta each other.

Underneath one particular good putdown, I scribbled "Nice Hand" under it. Guess I'm one of your fellow addicts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

toss 06-19-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Start 8 tabling 30 hours a week. That should cure what ails you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cure what ails you line is priceless.

MEbenhoe 06-19-2005 09:51 PM

So we have one relatively new poster who clearly has a problem and a bunch of other new posters saying how addicted they are. This is sad. Poker should never be this much of an addiction/occupying your time this much with it.

joker122 06-19-2005 10:32 PM

it will likely fade.