Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Raising junk preflop with skilled flop play (no content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274876)

BZ_Zorro 06-17-2005 11:15 AM

Raising junk preflop with skilled flop play (no content)

Sometimes at a tight table you need to play more marginal cards than you normally would to make a profit. Comments on any street welcome.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) converter

Button ($85.35)
SB ($98)
Hero ($100)
UTG ($41.8)
UTG+1 ($97)
MP1 ($102.8)
MP2 ($95.65)
CO ($40.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls $6, MP2 folds, CO calls $6, SB folds.

Flop: ($23) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls $34.80 (All-In), CO calls $33.75 (All-In), Hero calls $27.80.

Turn: ($126.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($126.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $126.35

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4h 2s (one pair, fours).
UTG has 2c Ac (high card, ace).
CO has Js Ks (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins $126.34. </font>

UTG fast played so I was sure he had overcards, CO was a wildcard but I was getting almost 4:1 odds. Good call?

Tuben 06-17-2005 11:22 AM

Re: Raising junk pf with skilled flop play (no content)

I dont like this play it is bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I would bet out on the flop but i woudlnd call the all in.

But raising junk is ok but not in the blinds whit lipmers and if you say that there are tight i cant se it in this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I play more ahnd if i can outplay them or they are to tight but then i often limp or be the first raiser .

DireWolf 06-17-2005 11:22 AM

Re: Raising junk preflop with skilled flop play (no content)

Is this one of those Zee Justin Hands?

meleader2 06-17-2005 11:22 AM

i was wondering why that profit chart was on a decline.

my questions have been answereddddddd!

what was ur reasoning for that?!

dopp16 06-17-2005 11:23 AM

Re: Standard? (no content)

If your table is super tight than you have to assume that two all-iners means that they have your 4 beat, it sounds a little looser than you claim and even with that said, you're dodgin the turn and the river

Ghazban 06-17-2005 11:23 AM

lol@ "skilled flop play"

BZ_Zorro 06-17-2005 11:23 AM

No, I was legitimately ahead on the flop and read my opponents well I think.

Why wait for the nuts if you've got a solid read?

Tuben 06-17-2005 11:25 AM

Dont even think you where favorit in this hand ? After the flop whit 2 all ins.

btetreau 06-17-2005 11:26 AM

Re: Raising junk pf with skilled flop play (no content)

Hey BZ,

I agree that sometimes at a tight table it can be profitable to play some strange hands because nobody will see it coming if you hit. However, for me I need to hit something better than bottom-pair-no-kicker to continue. In this case the PF raise is your call, if that's what you want to mix it up with then that's just fine. However, on the flop there's a (in my opinion) very small chance that you are ahead, especially after CO calls allin. Without great reads on both players, I wouldn't make this call.

I try to give myself a crap hand once every few orbits at a table - such as limping with T2o in middle position when I think the limp won't be raised - just to try to hit something. I bet that in the long term that's -EV because it's pretty rare to hit something better than a low pair with hands like that, however I like what it does for my table image - I almost always show when I fold to a bet on the flop and people probably put me on their list for playing bad hands, and I like that.

swolfe 06-17-2005 11:26 AM

would you only bet $7 on the flop here with AA?