Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What do I do if someobody moves all-in here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274748)

pearljam 06-17-2005 03:58 AM

What do I do if someobody moves all-in here?

Im pretty sure I played the hand correctly, but what do I do if somebody moves all-in?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter

BB (t985)
UTG (t820)
UTG+1 (t920)
MP1 (t1285)
MP2 (t265)
MP3 (t1390)
CO (t760)
Button (t830)
Hero (t745)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, MP3 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: t175

HesseJam 06-17-2005 04:08 AM

Re: What do I do if someobody moves all-in here?

Let's assume you do not know the mover.

Two weeks ago, I would have moved in. Today, and a lot of buy ins poorer, I would probably let it go .

Edit: I would definately let it go because of the flush threat.

Jordan Olsommer 06-17-2005 04:33 AM

Hands you don't want to see when you call an all-in on this flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Not to mention the fact that the big blind is going to be dealt two random clubs about 6% of the time.

hands you do want to see:

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Or of course, the stone-cold bluff.

My point is, even though some of the hands you dont want to see are unlikely (the case queens or case kings, for example), how often do you think your opponent will turn over a hand that makes you say "whew! I'm gonna double up" in this spot?

hansarnic 06-17-2005 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure I played the hand correctly, but what do I do if somebody moves all-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Generally flushes (even baby ones) aren't played so aggressively in this spot. Most likely it's someone making a move with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Myst 06-17-2005 06:05 AM

Id pick better spots.

Sykes 06-17-2005 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call. Generally flushes (even baby ones) aren't played so aggressively in this spot. Most likely it's someone making a move with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I push with a baby flush in this spot. Why would I let someone draw at a higher flush or fullhouse for free/min price?

hansarnic 06-17-2005 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I push with a baby flush in this spot. Why would I let someone draw at a higher flush or fullhouse for free/min price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. So do I. But you have to base your play on what's going through the mind of a typical Party fish, not a 2+2er.

Most times a baby flush will not be raised at the low buy-ins. The nut flush will very rarely be raised. All kinds of weird s**t will be pushed though.

You will be ahead far more often than you're behind here and you're getting 3:2 on the call.