Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I think playing against mulittabling TAGs is easier than vs LAGs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273386)

kurosh 06-15-2005 10:02 AM

I think playing against mulittabling TAGs is easier than vs LAGs

Why? Because I know exactly what they're thinking.

I know they're looking at my PT stats and seeing I'm a tight raiser, so I 3-bet them liberally. I know they view me as a decent TAG as well, so when I raise them on the turn on an A-high board, they will fold their QQ.

I know when they bet into me on a 4-flush board, half the time they're going to fold when I raise.

I have a very good idea what their hand is whenever they raise PF. It's not like vs a LAG where they could have any two suited or some garbage, much much easier to play against.

I know they don't bluff very often because that's not the traditional TAG way.

There are more reasons, but none that come to mind right now. I have a much easier time vs TAGs than LAGs. Thoughts?

jkkkk 06-15-2005 10:13 AM

Re: I think playing against mulittabling TAGs is easier than vs LAGs

Give me LAGs over TAGs anyday, I like the $$$

toss 06-15-2005 10:19 AM

Come on you know LAGs = more +EV, but more variance.

Stormwolf 06-15-2005 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Because I know exactly what they're thinking.

I know they're looking at my PT stats and seeing I'm a tight raiser, so I 3-bet them liberally. I know they view me as a decent TAG as well, so when I raise them on the turn on an A-high board, they will fold their QQ.

I know when they bet into me on a 4-flush board, half the time they're going to fold when I raise.

I have a very good idea what their hand is whenever they raise PF. It's not like vs a LAG where they could have any two suited or some garbage, much much easier to play against.

I know they don't bluff very often because that's not the traditional TAG way.

There are more reasons, but none that come to mind right now. I have a much easier time vs TAGs than LAGs. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

also they will try out of postion bluff HU on flops like Axx Kxx, you can call and they check-fold the turn ala manson malmuth

ChicagoTroy 06-15-2005 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know they're looking at my PT stats and seeing I'm a tight raiser, so I 3-bet them liberally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which will change your stats from being a "tight" raiser to a "less tight" raiser, which they will see in your stats and make adjustments.

These assumptions all depend on them not seeing your hand at showdown and see you might be playing more loosely this session than you stats suggest.

Alobar 06-15-2005 10:33 AM

Id rather play LAGs any day of the week. Its waaaaay more profitable.

Also, if you keep making all the plays you said you like making against TAGs because of your own PT stats, pretty soon you wont have those PT stats and it wont matter, cuz they will all have a note on you that says "LAG" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Victor 06-15-2005 10:37 AM

lags are far more profitable.

see nates post earlier on this page.

also, if once you get caught doing that wacky stuff the tags will label you a lag and play correctly.

Rah 06-15-2005 11:26 AM

So you prefer stealing small pots instead of leaning back and having your aces capped every street?

Alobar 06-15-2005 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you prefer stealing small pots instead of leaning back and having your better than two pair capped every street?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MaxPower 06-15-2005 11:41 AM

Not all multabling TAG play the way you think.