Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   10-10 on the button (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273174)

MataWispar 06-15-2005 12:21 AM

10-10 on the button

Third hand at the table, had won my first two for big pots.
all strangers

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

check the turn and fold to a bet on the river instead?
bet the river?

Duerig 06-15-2005 12:24 AM

Re: 10-10 on the button

I fold the flop here.

moot 06-15-2005 12:53 AM

Wow, that's a lot of flop callers. Not fun.

But if you want to stay in the hand and see it to a finish, I think your line is perfect, provided youre willing to let the hand go if someone shows aggression.

No, don't check the turn. That's more of a line to take when you have only high cards and feel you can safely fold the river UI. Here you really don't wanna have to fold the end, as there's still a decent (though not great) chance you have the best hand.

I'm checking this river.

the_rookie 06-15-2005 01:03 AM

I just call the flop and fold the turn unimproved.

Aaron W. 06-15-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a good line?

damaniac 06-15-2005 01:09 AM

I really dislike raising the flop. BB bets a mostly drawless board and gets 3 callers. I'm going to assume that most of these people are just complete and utter calling stations because there just isn't much out there worth calling with. You can probably expect some combinations of gutshots, overcards, pairs, and such. The point is that your equity on this flop is very low. You may be behind already (what is BB betting?). If you are ahead, you will often be drawn out on.

If BB is super-passive I'd fold. Otherwise I'd call and re-evaluate on the turn based on the card and the action.

the_rookie 06-15-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a good line?

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 14:1 on a call plus 4 people in, position, and double bets coming in on the turn, I think we have good odds to hit a set.

Edit* I misread the board. I thought it showed two overs for some reason. I change my line to check/call the turn and the river even if we don't improve.

Wetdog 06-15-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always fold to TPPs who want to play AK?

I like the line to the river where I bet. Is there a jack? We'll see. Meanwhile, if not, send it over here.

Hojglad 06-15-2005 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always fold to TPPs who want to play AK?

I like the line to the river where I bet. Is there a jack? We'll see. Meanwhile, if there is, send it over here.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. A second jack, in most cases, is like our third ten.

Aaron W. 06-15-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a good line?

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 14:1 on a call plus 4 people in, position, and double bets coming in on the turn, I think we have good odds to hit a set.

Edit* I misread the board. I thought it showed two overs for some reason. I change my line to check/call the turn and the river even if we don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you had it right the first time. You can also add "closing the action" as another reason for taking one off. 14:1 is just barely good enough to peel for your ten. With this many callers on a drawless board, it is highly unlikely that you have the best hand.