Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Simple Equation for Pokersite (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=27255)

Bubmack 01-13-2003 11:34 AM

Simple Equation for Pokersite

PokerSite = want money
Big Stake Regular Player = Money

Big Stake Regular Player = Want Big Stake Fish
Big Stake Fish = Lucky Small Stake Fish or Rich Fish

Lucky Small Stake Fish = want Freerolls, micro limits, Deposit Bonus

Rich Fish = want Game Selection.

The moral:

The regulars will die away if there is not a steady stream of losers coming in the door. Please gear your promotions and freebies towards the new player. I dont need a deposit bonus for "using Paypal the last time", double up on the newcomer's bonus and advertise it! Also, keep your site fresh and full of selection. Multi table tourney's, Crazy Pineapple, whatever. Lastly, Advertise it and not necessarily to the regulars of other sites...as noted in the equation, Regulars want big stake fish!!! Most people dont even have a clue about internet poker and it is time to tap into the market. The fish market that is!!!

Thanks,

Bubs

lorinda 01-13-2003 12:15 PM

Re: Simple Equation for Pokersite

Great post.

Also, look after people who help you out.....

I remember somewhere that someone had an idea for a $1 giant tournament to create more small stakes fish, accounts,interest and advertising.

That idea was a success story.

That someone still doesn't possess even a T-shirt from that site.

That site has increased turnover (in conjunction with some of their own clever follow up ideas) massively since that time.

That someone has since had other ideas and kept them to themselves until that someone can think which site could make best use of them.

Lori

HeartsKing 01-13-2003 03:54 PM

You hear that Poker Stars... give Lori a T-shirt already.

-TAURUS- 01-13-2003 04:11 PM

LOL GREAT POST LORINDA.......SOMEDAY MAYBE YOU GONE GET YOU T-SHIRT........AND MAYBE A HAT.......LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Glenn 01-13-2003 04:28 PM

ACR is proof that this doesn't work. Any idiot can get promo bucks there, yet they rarely get games above 1-2. You don't want to target micro players, you want to target GAMBLERS. GAMBLERS would rather play $10/hand blackjack than a 100 player freeroll for $20.

Bubmack 01-13-2003 04:37 PM

Perhaps ACR does not market it correctly. Market the micro, free rolls and deposit bonuses to potential poker players/ not existing players (for instance - Maxim Magazine).

Glenn 01-13-2003 05:31 PM

Did the Maxim promotion work? I remember everyone thought it was a good idea, but I have not seen the games at true pick up (I don't play there much though). Do you think this promotion was worth more to each good player on average than a $100 deposit bonus?

Bubmack 01-13-2003 05:52 PM

oh sorry, I did not realize that someone had already tried Maxim. If they did, I don't think it worked too well. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I just think most sites spend too much of their promotional budgets battling over the established players. It's nice to receive those bonuses, but I'm not sure it is the best for the game in the long-run.

Bubs