Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   We've got a live one (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=272510)

PokerBob 06-14-2005 04:16 AM

We\'ve got a live one

Canterbury 15/30. BB is tight, and plays OK. Can be pushed off of a hand if the pushing comes from the right guy. CO here is a maniac. Nice guy, but a total maniac, bluffer nutcase. His numbers must be around 85/75. Will 3-bet 52o pf. Will bluff raise rivers with 9-high with no rhyme or reason. I showed down AQ UI to one of his bluffs. I think he is a little scared of me. He opens in the CO. Button folds. I 3-bet from the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB calls (damn). Maniac 4-bets. We both call.

Flop (3 players): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, CO bets, I raise.....yes?

flawless_victory 06-14-2005 04:39 AM

Re: We\'ve got a live one

duh.

bicyclekick 06-14-2005 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's so right.

Blackjack 06-14-2005 06:19 AM

I think the raise is good because it'll help knockout the BB, but you're still OOP against this guy. Luckily, he's a maniac so he'll be easy to c/r on latter streets if you actually do hit something.

What if the turn comes a blank. Do you check/call? Are you prepared to check/call all the way down?

Blackjack

nummerfire 06-14-2005 07:07 AM

What does "duh" mean.

Is the raise a no-brainer, or is it terrible (Sorry, not all of the readers here have english as their native language).

I am not used to playing against totally crazy maniacs.

vulture 06-14-2005 07:12 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Als antwoord op:</font><hr />
duh

[/ QUOTE ]

And call it down till river? I think you should fold your K high, also because the BB is still in. With no BB I'm not even sure if calling down is ok.

JadamLI 06-14-2005 07:34 AM

Absolutely raise here, with the sole purpose of driving out the BB. If he calls and the CO calls/raises, slow down on the turn (unless it helps you, obviously). If the BB folds, bet out and hope for the best, IMO.

bicyclekick 06-14-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
duh

[/ QUOTE ]

And call it down till river? I think you should fold your K high, also because the BB is still in. With no BB I'm not even sure if calling down is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have much experiance at poker do you?

AliasMrJones 06-14-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does "duh" mean.

Is the raise a no-brainer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

esspo 06-14-2005 02:41 PM

I like the checkraise only if you are prepared to go to showdown as cheaply as possible against the maniac (unless you improve of course). I don't see any reason to continue firing at the maniac with K hi unimproved. S/he isn't folding A-hi or any pair, ever. You definately make the most money check-calling if you don't improve.

If BB calls your checkraise you have to slam on the breaks.